A pioneer in the Oregon wine industry, Argyle was founded in 1987. Now 30+ years later, Argyle produces one of the most diverse portfolios in Oregon – Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling and Sparkling wines.
We have an exciting opportunity available as the Argyle Sales & Marketing Director, based in Dundee Oregon. We are seeking an experienced and passionate Sales and Marketing professional with proven leadership experience to continue to grow Argyle Winery’s brand and business by leading the Marketing & DTC teams and partnering with key stakeholders in the community. You will ensure success across all sales channels by building trust and lasting engagement among our team members and our customers at the heart of all we do.
- Lead and deliver Argyle’s strategic, commercial and brand plans.
• Develop and execute omni-channel marketing calendar that addresses customer , market, and competitive insights
• Manage brand portfolio, pricing, packaging and programming
• Own and communicate brand guidelines and standards across channels
- Create and deliver annual and long-range P&L for Direct to Consumer Channel
- Guide and support customer and consumer engagement programs
- Partner Operations teams in Winemaking and Viticulture
- Lead , inspire and grow capability in DTC and Marketing teams
To be considered as a suitable candidate you will bring the following Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, managing diverse teams - Proven ability to build team engagement, empower others and coach teams
- 10+ years of marketing and sales experience across the wine industry - specifically Direct to Consumer (DTC) experience
- Strategic thinker, thought leader with innate curiosity to learn
- P&L management, annual planning and budgeting experience
- Experience in wholesale and direct to consumer channels
- Understanding of Hospitality principles and mechanics of direct sales channels (e- commerce, tasting room and wine club)
- Understanding of the US wine industry, multiple channels, markets,distributors and customers
- Experienced in the principles of brand and trade marketing and CRM practices
- Proven communication skills; including verbal, written and presentation
- Interest in fine wine, knowledge of production, wine styles & regions
- Hospitality, retail sales, wine industry experience preferred
- College degree required; preferably in business related discipline
- Flexibility and agility
If you have the requisite skills and experience we are looking forward to receiving your application.