2020 Harvest Team Member
Saint Helena, CA
Ultra-premium boutique winery and custom crush facility in St. Helena is looking for interns to join our cellar team for the 2019 harvest.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to follow directions, possess a fastidious work ethic, have the ability to work independently and the willingness to work until the job is done. We are looking for people who love wine, and love hard work. Employment will begin in mid-August and continue into November. International interns are welcome to apply, but must provide their own housing and transportation, and speak fluent English.
The harvest team member's role involves a wide variety of tasks such as (but not limited to):
• Assist in receiving and processing fruit, sorting, pressing, etc.
• Sanitation of winery & equipment
• Make additions to juice, must, & wine
• Perform punch-downs & pump-overs
• Juice racking, and wine movements from tank to tank
• Barrel filling, topping, stirring, and racking
• Monitor fermentations
• Remove pomace from tanks & presses
• Record data and complete work orders
• Drain and Press Tanks and bins
• English literacy required
• Good reading, writing and math skills
• Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
• Ability to bend, squat and lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work flexible hours six days/week
• Have reliable transportation and report to work on-time
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org