Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Celebrating over 50 years of acclaimed winegrowing, Fetzer Vineyards was founded in 1968 in Mendocino County, California. An award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide, Fetzer Vineyards is a leader in sustainable business practices, organic winegrowing, and craftsmanship in the cellar. In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2016. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Relay, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine.
In the role of Warehouse Person and Forklift Operator, you will be a key member of the Logistics Team. This position is responsible for performing extensive warehouse operation functions including utilizing lift trucks to stage and ship open wine orders, as well as organizing and maintaining inventory for a large-scale production facility.
• Operate lift truck to organize and maintain warehouse case goods inventory according to established procedures and standards.
• Utilizing a lift truck, correctly pull product and prepare open orders in a safe and timely manner for shipping.
• Facilitate intra-plant transfer activity between various Fetzer Vineyards’ warehouses.
• Responsible for proper loading of shipping trailers and containers so that they are highway and interstate road compliant. Must adhere to general weight regulations for intrastate and interstate shipping with knowledge of the various size/type of equipment and trailers used in the shipping industry, i.e. dry van, insulated, refrigerated, ocean container, rail van, 20’, 40’, 45’, 53’ and the like.
• Complete all required forms, such as shipping documents, loader’s diagrams specific to each sales order, internal wine movement order, and in-bond transfer paperwork.
• Prepare custom case wine orders requiring hand stacking and consolidating with other warehouse items, i.e. wine sale sample orders, point of sales materials, etc.
• Assist with all case goods physical inventories and cycle counts.
• May be responsible for tail off activity from bottling lines requiring verification of case goods produced.
• Assist entry-level employees in lift equipment use and general warehousing practices for ISO certified facility.
• Remain in compliance with housekeeping, standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma, GED certificate required, or equivalent education & prior work experience combination.
• A minimum of one year of experience working in a warehouse environment.
• Forklift certification, or ability to obtain a forklift certification.
• Valid CA driver’s license required.
• Requires ability to read and understand work orders in English; use of calculator and basic mathematic skills for counting;
• Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with warehouse and customer service staff; ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Must be team oriented, reliable and possess a strong work ethic.
• Knowledge of general warehousing operations.
• Requires knowledge of lift truck operations, functions and maintenance.
• Requires mobility throughout various warehouse facilities, bottling lines and offices.
• This is a 5-day/8-hour per day position, Monday – Friday.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Prior experience in beverage industry, a plus.
• Prior clamp/squeeze lift truck experience preferred.
Ability to push/pull up to 30 lbs. on an occasional basis; lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis; requires ability to constantly walk and stand; frequently climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend; occasionally reach outward and upward; requires hand and finger dexterity. Requires PPE such as safety toe footwear, hearing protection and safety glasses.
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449 Hopland is a small town of less than 800 people located at the start of the Redwoods of Northern California. It is about a two-hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
California operations include Mendocino County winery, production and 1000 acres of farmed vineyard locations. The company employs over 300 across the United States.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry: apply online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
To apply directly to this position: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2948363
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.