Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Celebrating over 50 years of acclaimed winegrowing, Fetzer Vineyards was founded in 1968 in Mendocino County, California. An award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide, Fetzer Vineyards is a leader in sustainable business practices, organic winegrowing, and craftsmanship in the cellar.
In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2016. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Relay, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American selections such as Chile’s most-acclaimed wine, Don Melchor, and the Cono Sur, Viña Maipo, Marques de Casa Concha, Casillero del Diablo and Frontera labels from Chile, in addition to Argentina’s Trivento Reserve.
As Brand Manager, you will grow established and developing brands including but not limited to Bonterra and 1000 Stories. Reporting to and collaborating with the Sr. Brand Manager, you will focus on tactical execution of marketing plans in order to keep Fetzer Vineyards’ wines relevant and current with our consumers. You will work closely with Winemaking, Sales, Production, Design/Marketing Team and media and creative sources in order to amplify awareness within the trade, media and consumer segments. In addition, you will serve as the focal point between Fetzer Vineyards and some sales teams handling our export portfolio by fielding requests, ensuring they receive updated information, and coordinating updates and materials.
- Project management and tactical execution of brand strategies for Bonterra.
- For 1000 Stories, collaborate with winemaking, operations, sales, finance and external agencies to maximize brand performance and business opportunities.
- Management and execution of 1000 Stories’ partnership with the Academy of Country Music, including the annual televised award ceremony.
- Identify market and product opportunities, develop and execute plans leveraging category insight, sales and depletion figures in collaboration with the Business Intelligence team.
Brand Strategy Development and Execution
• In partnership with Senior Brand Manager, develop annual brand plan for 1000 Stories including portfolio management, compelling national programs, advertising, point of sale, presentations, events and social media/digital strategies.
• Execute annual brand plans for both Bonterra and 1000 Stories to meet business and brand financial targets including product, pricing, merchandising and marketing plan, packaging and distribution.
• Act as category resource and communicate key drivers for product performance.
• Identify competitively advantaged positioning opportunities for brands.
• Assist with analysis of brands and marketplace together with the Sr.Brand Manager.
Consumer and Marketing Insights
• Monitor, analyze and interpret market data to identify trends and opportunities and develop/change strategic and tactical brand and marketing initiatives. Includes monthly analysis of iDIG data, weekly analysis of retail scan data and shipments vs. forecast.
• Understand, anticipate, and translate consumer desires to identify unmet consumer needs and develop unique brand and product & category opportunities.
• Assist with execution of brand initiatives including new product launches, product improvement, product discontinuations and margin improvement initiatives. Work with cross-functional team to ensure delivery of business objectives.
• Leverage consumer insights to identify compelling new product opportunities.
Marketing Strategy and Execution
• Develop and execute marketing strategy and tactics to maximize business results.
• Coordinate marketing activities including partnerships, social media, grassroots and brand campaigns.
• Work with sales support to develop sales collateral including brand presentations, new product presentations, product ranking and merchandising recommendations.
• Partner with DTC Manager on brand-specific DTC initiatives including club wine sends, promotional calendar, newsletter content development in addition to club event activities.
• Participate in the launch process of new brands and business developments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business with an emphasis in Marketing or related field with two plus years’ experience in marketing, Direct to Consumer, social media and/or brand management, or equivalent education/experience combination.
• Proven project management experience and ability to manage multiple projects at a time with mastery of details and a high level of precision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• In-depth understanding of the Company's current products and future concepts.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Professional judgment and discretion.
• Budget-management skills and proficiency.
• Ability to travel approximately 20% - 25% of the time.
• Wine industry experience, a plus. Open to CPG or other industries.
This position is based in Fetzer Vineyards' office located in downtown Healdsburg, CA (Sonoma County).
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry by applying online https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2961897
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at time of employment offer.