At Chandon we focus on celebrating the diverse cultures that make up our team. Being part of a large corporate group like LVMH, we pride ourselves on creating a collective culture that is universal throughout your journey with us.
The Sous Chef will create a world-class visitor and employee experience at Chandon through developing a consistent and impactful culinary program by working closely with our Winemaker and Brand Home Team. Contribute to the mission of increasing creative and high-quality guest experiences in partnership with various teams and vendors.
Join our amazing hospitality team and share the wonders of Chandon with guests from all over the world!
- Create and implement new menus and individual menu items based on current food trends and regional tastes
- Invent menu selections for special event themes and parties in accordance with client budgetary guides and expectations
- Hire, train, supervise, schedule, and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecast needs
- Monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary
- Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements
- Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes
- 4 years of culinary management in luxury level wines and/or hospitality
- Experience mentoring culinary staff with varied levels of experience and maturity
- Excellent communication skills within and outside of the organization
- English required, second language helpful in communication with kitchen staff but not required
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Must be able to obtain state health department certificate for food safety, sanitation
- Culinary degree preferred or four-year college degree in related field
- Strong team player
- Effective at building teams and motivating others
- Deliver against set priorities and deadlines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity