ABOUT THE HALL FAMILY OF WINES
HALL is a quality leader producer of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc. Through meticulous attention to detail in the vineyards, HALL wines express the unique and diverse character of Napa Valley’s soils and climate.
WALT is dedicated to the production of premier Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from the Pacific Coast’s most distinctive vineyard sites, spanning nearly 1000 miles and including Sta. Rita Hills, Sonoma Coast, Anderson Valley, and the Willamette Valley.
BACA brings some of California’s most noted growing regions – Russian River, Napa Valley, and Paso Robles to name a few - together to create contemporary Zinfandel wines. Grapes from old vines and historic areas are transformed into wines that reflect the unique places in which they’re grown.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Winemaking Assistant for the 2020 harvest with the leadership and winemaking experience necessary to work with our team in ensuring the highest winemaking standards are being met. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in ultra-premium winemaking at a state-of-the-art, family owned winery.
Positions typically run between mid-August and late December.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Key role in the undertaking and reporting of research trials
• Quality control on crush pad
• Interface with optical sorting equipment
• Tank monitoring during fermentation
• Assist in the execution of the barrel fill plan
• Assist the winemakers throughout harvest as necessary
• Previous winemaking experience is a must, as is an educational background in Chemistry or Enology.
• Fluent English is required. Spanish language skills are a plus.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent leadership skills
• Computer skills required.
• Strong organization, problem-solving; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Ability to calculate figures.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Willingness to work long hours on day or night shift.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Able to lift 55+ pounds.
• Walk, kneel, bend, and stand.
• A percentage of time may be spent in cellar where temperatures are cool and noise level is usually moderate.
• Able to work outside in variable weather conditions