The role will involve building effective relationships with our marketing teams and suppliers through safety, quality, innovation, efficiency and process optimization. Responsibilities will also include the development, negotiation and management of contracts within direct and indirect spend categories.
Expectations will also be around managing vendor selection, cost negotiation and monitoring compliance. In addition, Suppliers are held accountable for performance and continuous improvement including lead-time reduction, delivery, working capital benefits, and where appropriate, utilizing Supplier Scorecards through effective supplier relationship management discipline.
You will be commercially strong with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills. You'll have a can-do attitude, be self-motivated, and be able to influence at all levels. Multi-tasking experience and the flexibility to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines, with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives is vital as well as your attention to detail and having a high degree of accuracy but at the same time be able to see the "bigger picture".
* Category Strategies
+ Lead the business in agreeing and then delivering CLEAR and COMPELLING Category strategies for the named Material Categories which underpin the wider business strategy and 5 Year Plan (refresh and update these strategies as required)
+ Understand the Value Chain and challenge materials, specifications, origins etc to deliver value improvements
+ Leverage the growing business volumes and strong market share to deliver competitive advantage in our Inbound Supply Chain
+ Plan and execute negotiations for both formal tenders and ad-hoc activities ensuring that the Business obtains best value on all its spend
* Supplier Performance Management
+ Take overall responsibility for the performance of Suppliers within specified Material Categories
+ Work with other Functions (Supply Chain, Technical, Manufacturing) to ensure that targets (currently OTIF and Non-Compliances) are met
* Capacity and Contingency Planning
+ Ensure that Suppliers have necessary capacity and stock arrangements to support the Business requirements (NB. Scheduling is carried out by the Supply Chain function)
+ Ensure that robust contingencies are in place for critical items (alternate suppliers/factories/items, business continuity plans etc.)
+ Support the Supply Chain function when Inbound Supply issues occur by escalating issues with Supplier and identifying alternatives
+ Interrogate PPV reporting weekly and explain variances to Forecast
+ Work with Finance to produce an annual Budget and regular re-Forecasts justifying differences based on commodity moves, exchange rates, negotiated contracts and future projects
* Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University majoring in supply chain, finance, engineering or a business-related field or equivalent working experience.
* 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain/Planning/Procurement required.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, related internal functions, external partners, and on project teams.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, & problem-solving skills required.
* Solid, straightforward, and professional oral and written communication skills, including presenting data and analysis clearly to management; ability to influence and communicate with credibility and confidence.
* Ability to work with all levels and functions within the Company, and with external business partners.
* Ability to perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company's values.
* MBA or Graduate level studies preferred
* APICS certification a plus
* Experience with ERP/MRP, Master Planning, Supply Planning, and/or Finite Scheduling highly preferred.
* Project management leadership experience a plus.
* Process improvement & demonstrated results turn-around a plus.
* Customer management skills and experience a plus.
* Experience in utilizing a Supply Planning system (JDA or SAP a plus) and an integrated ERP system (JD Edwards or SAP a plus).
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Travel Required: 25%
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).