Dry Creek Vineyard is a leading family-owned winery in the beautiful Dry Creek Valley of Sonoma County, California. Beginning with the first vintage in 1972, Dry Creek Vineyard produces acclaimed Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc, Zinfandel, and red Bordeaux-style blends.
We are seeking candidates for Seasonal Cellar Hand positions to join our winemaking team. The harvest season typically runs from early-mid August into late November. There are opportunities for these positions to begin earlier and extend later through the year.
Wine quality is of the utmost importance. Qualified candidates must possess a strong work ethic, great attention to detail, and a positive attitude. Seasonal Cellar Hands will be responsible for all aspects of cellar work including cleaning, sanitation, crush pad operations, cap management (pumpovers/punchdowns), fermentation monitoring, additions, rackings, barrel work, shoveling out red tanks for pressing, bottling line work, etc. A significant amount of time will be dedicated to cleaning and sanitation. There will also be opportunities to visit and sample vineyards during harvest.
This is a physically demanding position that may require long hours and little time off, depending on the pace of the season. Ideal candidates will have a formal winemaking education and/or previous harvest/cellar experience. International candidates are also encouraged. Pay is hourly, housing is provided for candidates who live out of the area, and use of a car for transportation to and from work will be available, if needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous winery production & harvest experience.
- Strong work ethic, great attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage changing priorities and workflow
- Passion for winemaking and desire to learn winemaking operations and their effect on wine quality and style.
- Ability to work while bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching overhead, or kneeling for 2 to 3 hours continuously, and up to 12 hours per day.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to learn forklift operation.
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends.