We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
The Field Marketing Manager (FMM) is the primary representative for the Marketing Department within the West Business Unit, responsible for the marketing plans for the states of California and Nevada (employee would reside within proximity to the WBU office in Irvine, CA). They are responsible for assisting the Field Marketing Director in the annual planning, development, managing and evaluation of marketing plans and budgets within their territory. They proactively source and execute regional marketing opportunities that align with marketing strategy and support sales objectives.
Reports directly to the Director, Field Marketing, West Business Unit.
* Plan and execute National Marketing Programming at the regional and assigned DMA level as directed by the Field Marketing Director. Plans and budgets must effectively support the Brands, Channel and DMA priorities established for the FMM's territory.
* Able to understand brand strategy, targeting and positioning for development of actionable regional initiatives that deliver on Business Unit marketing and sales objectives. Ability to understand and leverage consumer insights and segmentation research to direct and influence regional programming.
* Develop an annual plan at the regional level to support key sales and marketing initiatives. Plan to include National Marketing programming in addition to specific regional execution around sponsorships and media. Plan to include division of marketing, sales and wholesaler commitments to program execution. Plan sold in to BUVP and GMs, communicated to CBBD sales team and wholesalers to ensure alignment with financial commitments, support and execution.
* Manage the Local Marketing Funds (LMF) for assigned territory. Responsibilities include the allocation of resources, financial forecasts, budget review and reconciliation, approval and submission of all expenses, and adherence to all company and governmental regulatory policies.
* Source and evaluate local marketing opportunities that support the marketing strategy and Business Unit sales objectives. This could include, but is not limited to local execution of media buys, sponsorships, retail extensions, experiential marketing programs, etc. Evaluate proposed opportunities for brand fit and anticipated ROI. Develop and utilize business case proposals to objectively evaluate programing and to optimize effectiveness of LMF funding.
* Ensures all programming is vetted, legal approval obtained, and compliance is maintained for all local marketing programs activated in assigned territory. Submit, track and maintain files to ensure legal compliance and adherence to CBBD marketing policies.
* Write succinct program briefs needed for program development and direction with agencies. Ability to provide feedback to agencies ensuring deliverables are aligned with brief and brand positioning. Ability to collaboratively work with Corporate Marketing to improve programming across all functions as requested.
* Negotiates and executes locally funded media merchandising programs. Monitors media partners throughout the year to ensure adherence to contractual obligations are activated, tracked and validated. Oversees regional social media initiatives proactively looking for opportunities to increase engagement with consumers and enhance local outreach.
* Possess a clear understanding of local, state and federal beverage laws in assigned states. Utilizes knowledge in the development and implementation of local/social media, retail promotion overlays, special events and sponsorships.
* Coordinates with field sales representatives to manage all in-market needs supporting programming, events and sponsorships. This includes management of the allocation and delivery of local retail promotion overlays, special events, POS needs and sponsorships to maximize brand exposure and consumer engagement.
* Maintains constant and concise communications with Field Marketing Director, Sales General Managers, and Market Development Managers on programming. Utilizes this communication to solicit updates and receive feedback. Communicates the sell-in of marketing programs to key Business Unit and Wholesalers teams.
* Submits regular programming execution evaluations and updates (such as retail activation summaries, ROI analysis reports and competitive activity summaries) as requested by Field Marketing Director.
* Performs additional duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
* Builds a team-oriented culture across functional lines and geographical territories, including direct management of a Field Marketing Associate
* A Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field.
* Requires 5+ years of progressive experience in a related role, preferably in the beverage alcohol industry, is required to understand the job function, marketing, sales needs, and the three-tier distribution system.
* Expert knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools. Ability to synchronize consumer insights, sales