We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
The Prisoner Wine Company in St. Helena, CA is seeking a Winemaking Intern who wants to participate in hands-on learning in the wine industry. Ideal candidates have completed at least one harvest in a winemaking cellar and have completed or are currently pursuing a degree in Viticulture or Enology. Interns will also have the opportunity visit vineyards, participate in tastings, and/or visit a sister winery within Constellation Brands' portfolio.
This is a seasonal job; dates are generally between August and November, depending on the start of harvest. Hours are determined on an as-needed basis to keep up with grape processing. This will include weekend work and overtime
This is an excellent opportunity for an extremely organized, motivated, and detailed individual who is looking for a comprehensive winemaking production experience making high-quality wine in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This position works directly with Winemaking, Lab and Cellar teams to coordinate daily processes and to support all facets of harvest activities. Key responsibilities will include writing work orders, monitoring fermentations, assessing incoming fruit quality, helping with winemaking trials, supporting lab with fruit samples and analysis, and assisting cellar with harvest operations as needed.
* Harvest work order generation and distribution
* Berry/cluster sample preparation for lab analysis
* Assist with daily fermentation monitoring including tank temperatures, cap inspection and management
* Verification and tracking of daily grape receiving
* Assist in managing and monitoring winemaking trials, review of lab analysis and data entry
* Work with cellar team on harvest operations such as fruit receiving/processing, yeast inoculations, pumpovers, draining/pressing tanks, filling barrels, etc.
* Assist Winemakers, Lab and Cellar teams as needed
* Occasional vineyard visits
* Ability to work from August through mid-November, with possible extension through mid-December
* Degree in Enology and/or Viticulture (currently enrolled or recent graduate)
* Previous harvest experience in winery production
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Positive attitude and flexibility
* Solid Microsoft Word and Excel skills
* Ability to work various shifts including weekends and overtime
* Good communication skills - oral and written
* Must be at least 21 years of age
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Work Environment:
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, dust, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
* Occasional travel with ability to work weekends and overtime.
* Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Ability to stand and walk over rough terrain in a predominantly outdoor environment. Requires frequent and repetitive bending. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
St. Helena, California
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).