Founded in 1997, Kosta Browne is one of North America’s most revered wineries, recognized for making some of the world’s finest Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. Located in Sebastopol, Sonoma County, and guided by an acclaimed team, Kosta Browne makes appellation and single-vineyard wines from the most coveted cool-climate vineyards across California and is part of the Duckhorn Portfolio.
The Duckhorn Portfolio has helped set the standard for American fine wine for more than four decades. Founded with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, Duckhorn has evolved to include Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Decoy, Canvasback, Calera and Kosta Browne, each with its own dedicated vineyards and winemaker. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, seven state-of-the-art wineries, 400+ enthusiastic employees, and more than 700 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: Kosta Browne Winery seeks to employ a strong team of cellar interns for the upcoming 2020 harvest. We strive to make some of the greatest Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in the world, while providing a safe, educational and enjoyable work environment. Kosta Browne has the honor of sourcing fruit from the most highly acclaimed vineyards in California and we take great pride in delivering exceedingly sought-after wines.
We are looking for individuals who are truly passionate about wine, whose selfless work and dedication will be devoted towards creating an incredibly compelling wine. Under close supervision, the cellar intern performs routine cellar jobs.
This seasonal position is located at Kosta Browne Winery in Sebastopol, California. The estimated time frame for this position is August 2020 through November 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for performing a variety of cellar operations including but not limited to:
• Grape receiving and processing activities
• Additions to wines/musts
• Cap management practices (punch-downs, pump-overs, foot treading)
• Fermentation monitoring
• Barrel activities (cleaning, filling/topping)
• Equipment, tank and winery sanitation
• Some field sampling
• Forklift driving
• Other tasks deemed necessary will vary depending on daily needs
• Fluent in English or as a second language required
• Valid California Driver's License and clean DMV record preferred but not required.
• A positive attitude and reliability
• The ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements
• Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
• Effective communication skills
• Good reading, writing and math skills
• Ability to lift up to 42 lbs.
• Ability to work in various temperatures
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation package. Please respond with a resume and letter of introduction.