The Brand Development Manager for WX Brands will focus on the development and promotion of the WX Brands portfolio in both the on premise and off premise trade channels. This will be done by establishing successful relationships in high profile key accounts and by working with the distributor contacts responsible for these accounts. The role is instrumental in the marketing, image and sales of the WX Brands portfolio in Northern California and will report dually to the Epic Wine and Spirits Area Manager and CA stat WX manager. Candidate would ideally be located in the South or East Bay but consideration will be given to candidates in the wider Bay Area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Building strong customer relationships, assist in developing and executing WX Brands promotions, as well as analyzing trends in the sales performance and adjusting plans accordingly in order to meet company and supplier objectives.
• The expectation is that our Brand Development Manager will spend 80% of their time in the field developing relationships with key high-potential volume accounts.
• The Brand Development Manager will be selling and promoting WX National Brand products to those key accounts using only methods allowable by law set by the ABC in the geographies where they are conducting business.
• Promotion of WX National Brands could include but not limited to participate in product sampling events, wine dinners, staff trainings and education within assigned accounts.
• Monthly reporting of activities to their supervisor including activities, success stories and events attending along with plans for upcoming activities.
• Participation in WX Brands crew drives, training seminars, trade shows and sales meetings.
• Develop positive relationships with all decision makers in assigned accounts.
• Assist in the development of a branded marketing plan; analyze the market and the competition to support the supplier in setting new product pricing as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• College degree or equivalent experience plus minimum 2 years direct distributor experience within the beverage alcohol industry.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Effective problem solving skills, solid communication skills, good judgment and professional maturity.
• Must be organized and efficient at completing administrative tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
• Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be prepared to embrace a start-up environment.
• Demonstrate intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Must be able to travel extensively within region as well as maintain a home office.
• Ability to sit in a car and travel for prolonged periods of time.
• Valid driver’s license and access to reliable automobile transportation.
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive pay. Epic Wines & Spirits offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life insurance options, 401k, paid time off and generous employee discounts.
Epic Wines & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABOUT EPIC WINES & SPIRITS
Epic Wines & Spirits is guided by a simple prevailing goal: Recognize products that will be cutting-edge tomorrow while paying attention to the needs of our customers and their clients today. The brands of Epic Wines & Spirits are unique and important to both knowledgeable and emerging wine, beer, and spirits consumers. Each product featured in the Epic portfolio has been specifically selected for its quality, innovation, and respect for tradition. The people of Epic Wines & Spirits are industry professionals who have extensive backgrounds in premium wine, beer, and spirits sales and distribution. Their knowledge of and passion for our products, combined with a commitment to customer service, have enabled Epic to build lasting relationships with a sophisticated and demanding customer base.