We are the oldest winegrowing business in Spain. More than 460 years of history dedicated to creating wines and cavas of has brought us to oversee 14 wineries in some of the world's most renowned wine regions. Our wines capture the rich essence of winemaking tradition and have an innovative spirit, making us a respected world leader in winegrowing and winemaking knowledge. Today, Raventós Codorníu has more than 3,000 hectares of vineyards that are owned by the company or under its direct supervision. This makes us one of the largest vineyard owners in Europe.
We have a sales presence in more than 50 countries and our portfolio of brands include: Viña Pomal, La Vicalanda, Ederra, Raimat, Mont-Ferrant, Parxet, Legaris, Bach, Portal de Montsant, Abadía de Poblet, Nuviana, Raventós d'Alella, Titiana, Scala Dei, Tionio, Basagoiti, Rondel, Artesa (California), Séptima (Argentina), and – of course – Codorníu. These are brands of renowned prestige that have received praise and awards from all over the world because they bring out the best of their origins. This commitment to quality has been the key to Raventós Codorníu's masterful development spanning the last 18 generations.
We are looking for a street-focused wine sales representative to call on accounts directly as well as work with our wholesale network in the New York, New Jersey markets. Are you someone with passion for wines, willing to make an impact, ownership, that like to take initiatives, act fast, solve problems, deliver strong results and demonstrate leadership, we are looking for you!
The District Manager’s role is to implement the sales execution of the Raventós Codorníu North America Portfolio as it relates to depletion volume and accounts sold in the identified market. The DM will actively call on and sell the key accounts in the market and provide leadership to the wholesaler sales team. Performance will be measured by, quality distribution, brand building and promotional activity while attaining volume targets within budget. The DM must have experience with New York and New Jersey Key Accounts and currently be living in NY/NJ metro area. Relocation is not provided. Priority markets will be NY & NJ plus some work in MA and CT.
Existing knowledge of Spanish wines and account connections in the on/off premise world a plus.
• Delivery of annual DM Goals as it relates to volume and accounts sold
• Actively sell and promote the Raventós Codorníu’ Portfolio
• Execute performance targets linked to brand strategies
• Develop and maintain relationships with the Top On/Off premise Key Accounts
• Maintain and grow Key Account universe
• Work with and manage wholesaler sales representatives to achieve Raventos Codorniu company depletion and distribution goals
• Conduct motivational retailer tasting and staff training meetings and conducting/monitoring in-store sales activities with select customer personnel
• Conduct Distributor Sales Meetings
• Represent Raventós Codorníu Brands when in public the public eye, ensuring a positive image for the company
• Participate in Industry/Distributor Trade Events
• Fulfill all administrative responsibilities as required/directed
• Allocate 80% of time in active account calls with/without Distributor Personnel
• BA/BS degree preferred
• Minimum of three years of fine wine sales.
• Proven sales skills
• Existing knowledge of Spanish wines and account connections in the on/off premise world will be a plus.
• Demonstrated ability in customer management within specific territory
• Keen understanding of the three-tier distribution system
• Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business effectively
• Strong knowledge/passion for the fine wine category
• Excellent communication skills; very articulate with strong public speaking ability/experience and excellent writing skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Excellent organizational/project management skills
• Proven track record in team performances
• Willingness and ability to travel to all markets and key accounts for which responsible
• Ability to lift 40-70 pounds as required
• Valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and a clean driving record