The Brand Manager will help develop and implement a strategic brand marketing plan, analyze current brand performance, market conditions, and identify brand risks as well as growth opportunities. Under little or no supervision and acting on own initiative, the Brand Manager will work closely with Sales, Strategic Insights, Finance, Operations and Winemaking to implement plans to meet our Winery’s, annual and long term financial goals.
LOCATION: In office – Downtown Los Angeles CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reporting to and collaborating with the Director of Marketing, to focus on strategic planning and tactical execution of marketing initiatives in order to keep our Winery’s wines relevant and current with our consumers and top of mind for distributors.
• Advocates for brands by serving as a key liaison between Sales, Finance, Legal, Marketing Services, Operations and Winery’s Sr. Leadership.
• Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to deliver highly creative, out-of-box campaigns that engage the consumer, distributors, and retail partners.
• Owns and manages all aspects of the marketing mix, including POS development, promotion, tracking of pricing actions, and all trade and consumer communication.
• In collaboration with the team to, monitors shipments, depletions, velocity, and channel mix; administers responsive marketing strategies and tools to drive optimized results by selling channel.
• Manage execution of consumer promotions, merchandising materials, trade marketing, public relations, creative functions, event management, and digital/social media.
• Monthly business performance reviews, including insights and implications for the brands, and provide recommended actions when necessary.
• Work closely with trade marketing and critical sales teams to communicate marketing plans and execution and manage day-to-day requests regarding new products/POS/brand plans/visual assets/samples/etc.
• In conjunction with Finance Team, evaluates P&Ls, price/volume/mix analyses, Annual Plan variances, and corporate finance issues impacting the company’s balance sheet.
• Work with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute annual and 3-year brand plans, including portfolio management, national programs, advertising, point of sale, presentations, events and social media/digital strategies.
• Prepare brand presentations and present to internal and external audiences, including Marketing Leadership, field sales, distributor teams and cross-functional partners.
• Manage brand’s marketing spend against budget, manage the vendor and PO payment process.
• Understand, anticipate, and translate consumer demand (through consumer feedback, market research, and category & competitive analysis) to identify unmet consumer needs and develop unique brand and product & category opportunities.
• Develop and execute annual brand plans to meet business and brand financial targets. This includes product, pricing, marketing plans, packaging development, sales and distribution tracking.
• Weekly Meetings with X team ( Sales Manager, Marketing , and Winemakers)
• Brand Champion. Occasional offsite tastings and presentations about brands)
• Hands on attitude
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a Assistant Brand and/or Marketing Manager
• Acts in a manner of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evaluation and Trust in Team.
• Proven project management experience and ability to manage multiple projects at a time with a mastery of details and a high level of precision and business acumen.
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Professional judgment and discretion.
• Good taste, a sense of aesthetics, and a love for great copy and witty communications
• Data-driven and comfortable with metrics and spreadsheets
• Superior communication, leadership, and teamworking skills
• Beverages and alcohol products experience a plus (CPG)
• Be a brand champion creating internal and external enthusiasm for the product line.