This position is responsible for managing all sales within an assigned multi-state region of the brands and wines within the CRU Collection Division of Terlato Wines. The purpose and mission of CRU Collection Division is to attract and retain small production fine wine producers, primarily from Burgundy, and to then offer and place these wines in distribution within select, identified and targeted fine wine accounts throughout the US, with a heavy emphasis towards the distributor management and placements in the on-premise class of trade. The overarching goal is to execute against the CRU Collection performance measures for the assigned territory. These goals include: 1. revenue, 2. placements and 3. depletions in the region 4. with year over year growth. The result is annual growth along with an increased distribution footprint of the Terlato Wines portfolio of prestigious brands within fine wine accounts across the US.
The CRU Central Regional Manager will be directly responsible for managing all sales, sales execution, distributor management and market development of the brands in the CRU portfolio within the assigned territory. The CRU RM will be expected to;
• Directly call on accounts and create relationships with those accounts on behalf of CRU and Terlato. Extensive travel and account calls will occur in the defined territory.
• Create direct relationships with key distributor management through face to face meetings, sales presentations, distributor sales team training and education.
• Create direct relationships with targeted key accounts in the region through face to face meetings, sales presentations and hand selling.
• The success of CRU and its regional managers is founded on a spending time with the distributor management and sales teams and through significant focus on field work and calling on accounts.
• Be self-motivated and manage their time well. The RM’s time will be allocated approximately 70% to travel and field work and 30% to distributor management and work with distributor sales teams including training and key account development.
• Manage execution of CRU sales, distribution, depletions, budgets and distributor goals
• Distributor goals are developed internally and then with distributor principals and their management teams. Once the distributor plan has been finalized, it becomes the
• The CRU RM will be responsible for individual state distributor management and execution of the CRU sales and financial plans and budgets.
• Manage the regional and individual state financials (P&L), allocations, budgets, distribution plans, depletions, pricing, inventory, brand equity and profit analysis, inventory in conjunction with those plans established by management.
• Develop, implement, manage and execute Brand programs and tactical brand initiatives, which will be prepared and executed in a manner aligned and consistent with company and CRU philosophy and positioning.
• Provide exceptional customer service to distributor partners, accounts, conducting specialty wine tastings, events, sponsorships, promotional activities, wait staff training and education and trade shows where available and legal.
• Plan and manage CRU supplier market work withs.
• Work closely with the Strategic and National Chain Account Managers to ensure he/she is familiar with national programs and support with accurate pricing and inventory.
• Educate and motivate the distributor partner sales force to profitably execute the CRU sales distribution, depletion and financial plans as outlined by our CRU Fiscal Year plan and the CRU supporting sales planning/targeting documents.
• Manage all CRU on/off premise activities and programming within his/her designated accounts & distributors to ensure maximum market penetration, brand awareness and sell-through.
-Additional duties as assigned
• Outstanding knowledge of high-end specialty wines (Advanced certification and or a familiarity with Burgundy and Burgundian wines is a plus)
• 7-10 years of experience in the wine/spirits industry, with focus on Luxury products
• Intricate knowledge of the assigned region distributor network and key accounts.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Strong financial business and analytical skills
• Strong and proven capabilities in the areas of reading people and understanding how to motivate individuals to execute our sales, financial goals, plans and needs
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Performance Measurement systems preferred (ex: VIP, TradePulse, QlikView)
• Valid Driver’s License
• Execution: Ability to establish priorities and meet or exceed growth plans, sales distribution plans and profit goals.
• Results Orientation: Strong work ethic and a consistent drive for success will be a performance measure.
• Business, People and Judgment Decisions: Team member has shown he/she possesses the capacity and capability to make sound business decisions, in a timely fashion and in light of subtle and nuanced complexities.
• Budget Management and Resource Utilization: Conscientious and efficient budget management. Maximizes company profitability and resources in the most effective manner.
• Sales and Distribution: Effectiveness in executing the sales and distribution plans by causing customers to purchase our products and distributors to execute against the plan.
*Position requires extensive multi-state travel