The Legal Coordinator will provide a variety of legal, compliance, coordination and general administrative support services for members of the Legal Operations Department, which consists of four departments under the SVP, General Counsel Wine & Spirits (Contracts, Trademarks, Advertising, and Corporate Compliance). The coordinator will also provide administrative support to the SVP General Counsel, the VP Associate General Counsel, and the Advertising team.
* Coordinate and gather updates from Attorneys and Sr. Director and format into bi-weekly What's Hot report
* Manage calendar, reminders and invites and coordinate meeting rooms in offices across three time zones, as well as Webex meetings for on-line legal training, Legal Sips
* Track and manage spend against budgets of outside legal firms and vendors
* Gather and track budget and expense information and disseminate to team leads
* Coordinate quarterly accruals with Finance
* Review and approve alcohol beverage sample Requests
* Format and edit reference materials, training guides/manuals, presentations, etc.
* Track information in various online databases and generate reports as needed
* Distribute compliance emails and newsletters
* Communicate with business clients as requested team leads, including collecting trademark specimens and sample details
* Assist with special projects and back up department members, as required.
* Perform administrative support, including fielding phone calls, directing visitors, filing, scheduling meetings, distributing meeting minutes, preparing mail, photocopying, scanning, etc.
* Manage calendars for employees in multiple time zones
* Coordinate, plan, and schedule travel and itineraries for certain department employees in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
* Prepare and process expense reports using Concur
* Create files, run reports, manage and update information in Legal Files
* Plan meetings and procure meeting rooms, food, drinks including senior leadership meetings, in various locations
* Assist with documents drafting, including formatting, editing, redlines and comparisons
* Routing documents, coordinating signatures, drafting correspondence, tracking, following up on documents, and inputting related data into a matter management system
* Code and process, track and obtain approvals in Ariba of invoices per accounts payable and Legal department procedures
* Print documents and certifications for signature by SVP, General Counsel
* Liaise with members of Wine & Spirits Leadership Team and Executive Management Committee and their Legal and administrative staff
* Provide back-up support for other administrative personnel in the Legal Department and in SF office
* Four-year college degree and/or paralegal certificate required
* 5 + years of advanced administrative/office support (experience in a legal environment strongly preferred)
* Independence, self-direction, civility, and strong writing and communication skills
* Problem solving abilities
* Extensive Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) experience and skills including advanced knowledge of settings and shortcuts
* SAP Ariba, WebEx, SharePoint, document management software and tracking database experience strongly preferred
* Notary license or ability to obtain
* Must be able sit and/or stand for long periods of time, and work on a computer for extended periods
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. regularly
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must be at least 21 years of age
San Francisco, California
Legal & Public Affairs
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).