This position will support the Spirit Retail team with the day to day accounting and finances including reporting, analyzing business results, and compliance. This individual will work closely with Business Unit Operations Directors, General Managers and staff to support the Business Unit and provide analysis and recommendations which will drive best practices and business decisions. This individual will also collaborate with the Manager of Finance to support planning, forecasting, and reporting processes.
* Reconciliation and review of biweekly Employee Tips reporting for submission to Payroll for payout.
* Winery compliance reporting to meet ABC, TTB, local, state, federal and other agency regulations.
* General ledger accounting and Fixed asset accounting
* Oversee accounts payable and receivable process.
* Oversee accurate inventory and product costing.
* Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and quarterly cash forecasts.
* Exposure limit estimates in connection with the annual renewal of property, casualty, and business interruption insurance policies.
* Assist in the preparation of sales and use tax returns for the state.
* Ensure appropriate internal controls and financial practices are in place, adhered to and documented at all High West sites, including cash handling & deposits, inventory control and proper segregation of duties.
* Work in partnership with Finance Manager annual budget/LE plan oversight and coordination of the overall P&L planning process.
* Identify, evaluate and lead key system development and process improvement initiatives.
* Supervise the efforts to coordinate periodic physical inventories to ensure the integrity of inventory values and controls.
* Ensure sales, cost of goods, marketing and operating expenses are recorded timely and accurately in financial reporting system. Review monthly journal entries, accruals and supporting reports for accuracy.
* Review and approve monthly account reconciliations ensuring they are completed timely and accurately in accordance with accounting principles and corporate policies.
Reporting and Analysis
* Review and approve additional period end analysis as required
Supervision of Accounting Team
* Provide mentoring and guidance to staff including skill and career development; setting of expectations and communication of performance results.
* Supervise over the Financial Analyst and Financial Assistant tasked with supporting the monthly close and maintaining an accurate general ledger in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
* Handle day to day inquiries from team members and provide first level escalation support
* Support the team development through cross-training and coaching
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent required
* Experience with Restaurant/Hospitality industry preferred.
* Proficiency with personal computers and associated word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software; experience with JD Edwards general ledger system a plus; experience with Oracle Hyperion Financial Management system a plus
* Excellent communication skills required (both verbal and written)
* Strong self-management and organizational skills with the added ability to take initiative, and work under pressure
* Able to work independently, and as part of a team.
* Very strong analytical skills and business acumen - ability to perceive opportunities for improvement
* Strong communications skills and ability to communicate and influence others
* Demonstrated ability in managing projects (with other functional areas, peers, staff)
* Comfort working through ambiguity and in a rapidly-changing environment
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
* Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
* Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
* Primary work environment is professional corporate office
Finance & Accounting
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).