Karah Estate Vineyard is a boutique winery located in the Petaluma Gap AVA of Sonoma County. We are a small 40 acre estate vineyard producing award-winning wines, most notably our Pinot Noirs. We are seeking a bookkeeper to maintain an organized office while managing accounts receivable and payable, keeping up with data entry for financial transactions, creating reports, and reconciling accounts in a timely manner. This is a part-time position (with potential to move in to FT) and a great opportunity for recent college graduates or retirees.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting, and management reporting. Experience in the wine industry is preferred but not required.
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Monthly review and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
- Preparation of invoices and export shipment documentation
- Monthly expense reporting and reconciliation
- Cashflow management and analysis
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual inventory reconciliation (what we have on the premises as well as what we hold in external warehouses)
- Financial reporting and analytical support (reports to General Manager and Owner)
- Manage accounts receivable and past due account follow up
- Participation in quarterly and annual statutory tax and financial reporting with external CPAs
- Bi-monthly payroll, time-sheets and 1099 administration
- Other related duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or similar certification from an accredited university/college
- Minimum of 1 year of professional accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Suite
- General knowledge of winery compliance regulations preferred (a plus)
- Ability to multitask
- Can-do attitude, a positive team player, but also a self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills and acute attention for details
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
This is a part-time paid position with potential to move in to full-time employment.
Karah Estate Vineyard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.