Celebrating over 50 years of acclaimed winegrowing, Fetzer Vineyards was founded in 1968 in Mendocino County, California. An award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide, Fetzer Vineyards is a leader in sustainable business practices, organic winegrowing, and craftsmanship in the cellar.
In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2016. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Relay, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine. Part of global winery Viña Concha y Toro, Fetzer Vineyards imports iconic South American selections such as Chile’s most-acclaimed wine, Don Melchor, and the Cono Sur, Viña Maipo, Marques de Casa Concha, Casillero del Diablo and Frontera labels from Chile, in addition to Argentina’s Trivento Reserve. Fetzer Vineyards entered the ultra-luxury wine and spirits category by partnering with Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. to sell its historic craft rye whiskey and Bourbon.
As a Regional Finance Manager, you will serve as business partner to our sales team monitoring market profitability and ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines and budget. Profit and loss (P&L) oversight will extend from shipments/depletions through gross profit. In addition, you will provide financial reporting and analysis to key stakeholders; identify risks and opportunities and provide market level recommendations to improve performance and/or mitigate risks. You will provide pricing and financial analysis to key stakeholders, including SKU performance, account level performance measures, competitive pricing analysis and relevant market conditions; provide recommendations in regards to pricing strategy and/or account specific actions; facilitate the management of current and future market pricing in the price management system and facilitate the development of plans and forecasts working with the director business analysis; provide oversight and approval for market level price discount accruals. This position reports to the director of business analysis and will work closely with our sales teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS
• Provide state level revenue reporting and analysis with emphasis on understanding key performance drivers with monthly variance explanation
• Analyze and adjust where required accrued vs. actual depletion allowance (DA) spend
• Recognize and detect variances outside of corporate guidelines and make appropriate recommendations to gain compliance
• Coordinate development of state level budgets and forecasts with the key stakeholders in both field sales and finance
• Facilitate maintenance of all current and future pricing in the price management tool
• Perform regular pricing and discount analysis to ensure ongoing viability and accuracy
• Perform post program analysis and review ROI vs. plan using various data sources (IRI, depletions, financials, etc.). Provide recommendations to key stakeholders based on findings
• Provide competitive pricing reports and sufficient data analysis to aid the field in developing the appropriate pricing strategy for a given market
• Review and approve/reject proposed pricing deals for all markets in region; including proposals by pricing analyst and/or field sales. Perform break even analysis to properly assess financial and volume impact of proposal
SALES FINANCE TEAM DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATION
• Contribute—through regular conference calls and meetings—to the development and improvement of the sales operations team
• Maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business preferred with a minimum three years related experience in sales finance or operations, alcohol beverage industry pricing, marketing analysis or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Previous experience in wine or spirits industry with prior knowledge of commercial pricing/programming and industry systems such as iDig and IRI, a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with intermediate to advanced Excel.
• Proficiency in Google Sheets, Documents and Google Drive, preferred.
• Strategic thinker – demonstrates ability to see big picture, anticipate changes and impact on trends, asks what-if questions, develops recommendations.
• Ability to apply mathematical skills for preparing and verifying pricing analysis with strong attention to detail. This includes ability to calculate amounts such as commissions, discounts, percentages and volume.
• Ability to travel approximately 5% - 10% of the time.
About Fetzer Vineyards:
California operations include Mendocino County winery, production and 1000 acres of farmed vineyard locations. The company employs over 300 across the United States.
This position is based at Fetzer Vineyards’ offices in downtown Healdsburg, CA (Sonoma County).
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449 Hopland is a small town of less than 800 people located at the start of the Redwoods of Northern California. It is about a two hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry by applying online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com
Requires successful completion of criminal background, DMV check (if applicable) and drug screen. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V You will be required to submit verification of your citizenship or legal right to work in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.