Rodney Strong Wine Estates, an industry leading family owned and certified sustainable Sonoma County winery, is currently seeking an Information Systems Specialist to work within its dynamic environment.
This position involves working as part of a team while following the direction and guidance of the manager and/or technical lead. Customer service and people skills are paramount, in addition, you will need to be knowledgeable with desktops/laptops, mobile devices, and common software applications.
Job Summary: The IS Specialist ‘builds the bridge’ between the employee and the capabilities of our technology resources. Using advanced tools, human-centric design, and effective training, the IS Specialist knits together tools and services into a coherent experience that makes RSWE staff productive because of, not despite, technological complexity.
Following the lead of the IT Manager, will design a productivity-focused user experience on endpoint devices. (Desktops, notebooks, phones, tablets)
• Working with department managers, help select and implement approved specialty software that fulfills business needs
• Evaluate, select, and purchase end-user-facing technology accessories (mobile phones, tablets, peripherals, accessories, etc.)
Field technical support requests
• Provide first line help desk support via telephone or e-mail
• Work with users to isolate, identify, and resolve software/hardware problems. Provide training or implement documented and authorized fixes. Escalate more advanced
• Write and maintain a library of support information for end-user self-education and self-support
• Upon notification by Human Resources of a new hire, work with the reporting manager to prepare the technology resources that will be needed by the new hire (accounts, devices, etc.)
Endpoint Technology Trainer
Develop and maintain a program of initial and continuing education for employees in RSWE technology and systems.
• Perform initial onboarding training for new hires and promotions
• Devise and provide a program to educate new employees as they settle into roles
• Create and communicate ongoing education and awareness for all employees on topics of technology (i.e. tips and tricks, security awareness, new resources)
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource for employee’s use of technology
• Assist with maintaining an accurate inventory of all hardware and software
• Initiates, coordinates, monitors, and receives approved purchases of hardware, software and supplies
• Maintain purchasing records, purchase orders, invoices
• Maintain and update records for all network equipment
• Audit and maintain all software licensing
• BS/BA/AA in computer science or related field or 2 -3 years equivalent experience. Educational training/teaching experience a plus
• Working experience (teaching experience desirable) in Office 365, OneDrive, Power BI and Sharpoint integrations
• Superior communication, human relations, documentation, critical thinking, practical applications skills and mathematically proficient
• Teamwork and collaboration focused