We have a gorgeous, by appointment only, property in St. Helena and produce high end, small production wines. Our Wine Educators are responsible for cultivating memorable brand experiences and delivering exceptional guest service throughout all levels of our direct to consumer program and offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and execute compelling, well designed tours that support desired brand messaging and are tailored to the interests of the guests.
• Conduct informative tasting experiences with the ability to convey knowledge of wine.
• Create new and develop existing guest relationships through engagement on and offsite, customer follow-up and providing outstanding guest service.
• Create and maintain a professional, positive environment focusing on guest loyalty and teamwork.
• Work toward achieving and exceeding team and individual goals.
• Promote and represent winery by pouring at off and on-premise special events.
• Participate in continuing education and training to ensure the highest level of wine and industry knowledge along with superior sales skills.
• Learn POS and reservation systems. Possess a high level of integrity for performing sales transactions and managing reservation requests.
• Ensure tasting venues and staff areas are always clean, neat and well maintained.
• Open and close the business on a daily basis according to outlined procedures.
• Assist with the set-up and execution of special events as requested.
• Complete other tasks and special projects as assigned.
• Stock wine inventory as needed.
SKILLS & TRAITS:
• Ability to handle customer concerns in a positive, expedient manner.
• High standards – excellent attention to detail and service focus.
• Excellent customer service skills, fast learner of new systems, logical and adaptable.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Sound judgement, integrity, accountability and trustworthiness.
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity and positive outlook.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRMENTS:
• 2 years of high-end customer relations, restaurant or retail experience required.
• Previous success in delivering positive sales and / or customer service results.
• Proven record of setting and meeting objectives (both professional and personal).
• Must be flexible and available to work on weekends and varied hours.
• Must be able to ensure compliance with company policy and employment law.
• Ability to lift 45 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
• At least 21 years of age.