Ram’s Gate Winery is a boutique, premium winery focusing on single vineyard designate wines. We are seeking motivated, hardworking, and detail-oriented cellar interns for the 2020 wine harvest. We work with several varietals focusing on Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Syrah. You will work within a small winemaking team on all aspects of harvest winery operations. Our winery has a strong focus on hospitality underlining the importance of maintaining a clean, well-organized and presentable facility. Our desire is to provide an inclusive atmosphere to learn about winemaking while also operating an efficient harvest focused on making great wine.
Internship will last from Early August thru the beginning of November, subject to change based on vintage and winery needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Various aspects of winery operations and crush work:
o Operation of harvest equipment
o Equipment sanitation
o Wine/must movements
o Fermentation monitoring
o Barrel work
o Vineyard Sampling
o General winery clean up
• All cellar crew members work well with others and independently.
• Prioritizes daily work to ensure efficient use of time and completion of assigned work.
• Assist with the processing of all incoming fruit.
• Operate all winery machinery safely and effectively.
• Passionate about food, wine, music and coffee.
• Willingness to learn.
• Organized and detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
• Self-motivated and willing to assume additional responsibilities.
• Possess high standards of ethics and integrity.
• Harvest experience a plus as well as Pinot Noir and Chardonnay experience.
• Able to lift 50 pounds, frequently and more than 50 pounds occasionally.
• Able to stand for long periods of time on hard and sometimes slippery surfaces.
• Desire to see a job completed, sometimes 6-7 days a week during harvest season.
If you would like to join us in making great wines this harvest, please e-mail your resume and cover letter.