Under close supervision, the & nbsp;Viticulture Intern is responsible for providing management with current information and data to drive farming decisions. This position conducts daily field scouting, data collection, and quality control in order to support the vineyard operations at San Bernabe Vineyards. The Temporary Technician will interact with and support the in-field and in-office technology of the operation.
• Responsible for seasonal scouting of the needs of the vineyard operation, and provides timely and accurate scouting information that is needed for -
• Pest and disease control
• Fertilizer and irrigation scheduling, and
• General vineyard management.
• Collects phenological and production data by block and records major milestones, from pruning weights to support the annual pruning plan, to bud break to harvest, and data necessary to produce and routinely update the crop estimation plan for vineyard and winery management purposes.
• Gathers soil, water, and tissue samples; and manages recordkeeping and distribution of such information.
• Responsible for sampling fruit during the ripening season.
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
Associate of Science in Viticulture, related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to work outdoors for large portions of the day.
• Ability to utilize and operate tools and equipment used in agricultural applications, including but not limited to electronic forms, pick up, RTV/ATV, and hand tools.
• Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Self-motivation and a desire to learn and solve problems are essential.
• Ability and willing to learn and participate in a team environment.
Certificates and Licenses
Acceptable driving history and current Driver License.
Working conditions are outdoors and are subject to the extremes of every season. This is an agricultural environment and dust, water, wind, and machinery are a part of everyday work. Day shift and night shift work can be expected depending on the time of year.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Wines offers its temporary employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance component includes medical coverage. In addition you will be eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan with a generous company match, and sick time accrual.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.