As a Chain Merchandising Representative, Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) can offer you an opportunity to be part of a new direct selling model, supporting our sales and trade marketing as we implement a direct distribution model for a number of key retail accounts, taking control of our own route-to-market (RTM).
Working in a small team, collaboratively, with direct and indirect team-members across major grocery chains, you are ultimately responsible for executing local retail chain programming and promotional activities, driving relevant TWE and Customers business needs to achieve territory sales targets. We currently have openings in the following territories: San Francisco, Gilroy/Hwy 101, Visalia, Merced, and Elk Grove.
About the Role:
Reporting to the District Team Leader, this position is accountable for ensuring in-stock conditions, planner and program execution, shelf/cold box improvements, and driving incremental display cases to the floor. Also collaborating with key account relationships, market blitzes, surveys and focus periods.
Your work will assist in driving TWE to meet and exceed our sales growth targets by providing guidance and management of ongoing sales, trade channel strategies and distribution performance.
You are collaborative, an effective communicator and self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a team-environment, delivering against programming commitments and sales targets.
You have previous adult beverage experience either from the supplier or distributor side. You have proven merchandising experience supporting sales and trade marketing, well-develop stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence indirect team members to achieve desired outcomes.
* Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience preferred but not required
* Must be about to lift a case of wine (45 pounds) up to 10 times per day and pass a pre-employment physical fitness test
* Ability to travel (regionally) for work when required
* Adult Beverage industry experience preferred
* Proven sales/marketing experience - Ambassador, Merchandiser or Sales Representative preferred
* Commercial acumen managing chain accounts preferred
* Demonstrated experience delivering chain programming strategies preferred
* Good understanding of distribution management preferred
* Experience managing multi-tier brands against competing priorities and performances preferred
* Ability to influence key stakeholders, creating value and insights, using data to present stories to drive key decisions
* Advanced proficiency Microsoft Suite i.e. Excel and PPT - preferred
If you are interested in this position, please apply online. Treasury Wine Estates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.