Our Wine Club Manager (WCM) must possess the right knowledge base, skill set and attitude, to manage our intimate group of wine club members, while working to increase sales, grow our wine club and further enhance the tasting experience for guests. The WCM will be detail oriented and comfortable with logistics, licensing and inter-state shipping. The WCM must be excited about both the sales and hospitality components of this role as well as developing a strong relationship with our wine club family.
The position is FT, with a full benefits package offered. Compensation is competitive and includes commissions and bonuses. This position requires availability to work weekends, special events and some evenings.
Position responsibilities include:
• Manage the complete execution of wine club shipments, including: club shipping (in-house or fulfilment partner), inventory for Club Allocations/Shipments, packaging and gift (as needed) inventory for shipments.
• Answer in-person, phone and email questions regarding Wine Club questions, customizations and wine inquiries.
• Tasting room sales & hospitality; provide all guests with outstanding service, having positive energy and giving each guest an exceptional tasting experience. Host Wine Club Members and their guests at all levels of tasting experiences.
• Effectively sells wine and Wine Club memberships at consumer events and the tasting room.
• Develop, implement, and manage successful sales strategies in the pursuit of exceeding Wine Club sales and membership goals while ensuring the highest degree of customer service.
• Develop various marketing materials, including quarterly shipment inserts, email blasts, Wine Club correspondence, Wine Club forms, event listings, and Wine Club newsletter.
• Maintain Wine Club mailing/email database.
• Work with Hospitality Director and Chef to coordinate and execute wine club events, create new and interesting ways to keep our club members involved and enhance the tasting experience for Wine Club Members.
• Work with Hospitality Director and GM to coordinate release dates and any other current wine or marketplace information including Website.
• Train tasting room staff on Wine Club membership programs
• Manage and provide on-site shipping guidance (procedures, pricing, timing, etc) to hospitality staff
• Conduct tours and group tastings. Represent brand at community functions/events as needed.
• Computer skills that include experience with Word, Excel and basic database management (working knowledge of WineDirect, UPC Global Ship and GSO a plus).
• Ability to multi-task and take initiative on projects.
• Help with promotion of winery via social media on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Great phone etiquette when making calls to our customers.
• A professional level of knowledge of wine making and varietal distinctions is a plus.
• Above all else, a positive attitude and friendly-professional demeanor is a must.
• Acts as Manager on Duty when Hospitality Director and Assistant Tasting Room Manager is not available.
• Other duties as assigned. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
* Demonstrated sales ability.
* Intermediate skills including MS Word and Excel (Wine Direct a plus).
* Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of detail orientation.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work in cross-functional teams.
* Previous Wine Club and management experience required. Retail management experience preferred.
* College degree or equivalent experience in business/retail management, hospitality, wine marketing, enology and/or viticulture.
* Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repetitively.
Required to have and maintain:
Food safety for Handlers
California Responsible Serving of Alcohol
California Managing Responsible Alcohol Servers
California Offsite Service
Reports to General Manager and Hospitality Director