Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: To assist and support the Duckhorn South Facility Maintenance Department in areas of equipment and facilities maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: performing mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance on all winery, production equipment, bottling line and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Troubleshoot, repair and maintain production equipment, bottling line, electrical systems and controls, etc.
• Assist with preventative maintenance programs
• Maintain and repair buildings and associated equipment systems including general carpentry, painting, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC equipment, water treatment, waste water treatment/ponds and electrical systems, etc.
• Gather and record daily water, power and waste water readings, etc.
• Daily completion of all paperwork related to maintenance assignments and functions
• Routinely inspect buildings and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and communicate needs for all repairs.
• Assist Facility Lead with alarm systems and respond to alarms
• Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on bottling line
• Install and modify new and used equipment
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment and follow/promote safety procedures, wearing required PPE
• Ability to work overtime as necessary and may be required to work a split shift
• Ability to be on call if needed for emergencies
• Additional duties as assigned
• Possess mastery in one or more of the following disciplines: Refrigeration, Electrical/Electrical Controls and/or Pumps and Machinery Repair.
• 5 or more years of experience in the same or related field
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and all levels of management in English, both written and verbal
• Prior winery experience preferred
• Strong mechanical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills in mechanical and electrical control areas
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
• Electrical, plumbing, welding, mechanical and carpentry skills preferred
• Ability to work at other facilities if needed
• Computer skills required
• Customer-service focused
• Ability to perform in a production/hospitality environment and work with minimal supervision
• Proactive/takes initiative
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Ability to drive a car (Class C Driver’s License required)
• Ability to operate a forklift, scissor/boom lifts
• Ability to stand for long periods at a time
• Ability to pull, push, kneel, bend and reach
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with a resume and letter of introduction.