Reports to: Senior Director, Human Resources
Status/Classification: FT Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources, the Human Resource Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the human resource office, as well as administration of the human resource policies, procedures, and programs. In addition, you will lead DAOU’s recruiting process by attracting qualified candidates, coordinating the interview process, and following up with candidates.
- Work closely with management to gain comprehensive understanding of the company’s hiring needs for each position, and meet competitive hiring goals and expectations.
- Manage the full recruiting life cycle across a variety of open roles.
- Conduct resume and candidate screening as well as reference checks.
- Maintain a database of candidate records, including active and passive prospects, hired and fire employees, and other candidate relationships.
- Follow up on interview process status and update records in internal database.
- Work in tandem with payroll to create and release offer letters to new hire prospects.
- Communicate with payroll to ensure proper onboarding procedures are followed.
- Develop job ads and job descriptions as needed, ensuring all employees have a signed job description on file.
- Maintain job boards; internally and externally.
- Assists with the professional development of the organization’s personnel, involving employee orientation, development, and training.
- Assist with the administration of benefits at property level to include maintenance of current enrollment materials, private individual benefit records, HIPPA regulations, bill reconciliation, individual carrier web-site maintenance, liaison with Plan brokers.
- Assist with performance evaluations, development plans, and succession planning.
- Handles workers compensation claims from start to finish including employee outreach, proper documentation, and filing of claims.
- File necessary annual OSHA reports.
- Assist with the onboarding of new DAOU employees.
- Keep employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in HRIS system in a timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Assist with the offboarding of DAOU employees by preparing separation notices.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Assist with department audits.
- All other duties as assigned.
- B.S Degree.
- Three to five years’ experience in recruitment or human resources.
- Knowledge of employment laws.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive matters; must be able to operate with professionalism, discretion, diplomacy, and possess sound decision-making skills.
- Proficient in typing and use of computers with emphasis in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be detailed-oriented and flexible.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Success Factors/Job Competencies
- Experience developing a recruiting strategy.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Problem solve while managing changing priorities and complex issues.
- Bring a positive attitude whether working individually or in a team setting.
- Take ownership and are an agile learner.
- Ability to figure out solutions to the hard problems, take risks and deliver results.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong self-management skills, with the added ability to take initiative, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively work on many projects simultaneously while consistently meeting deadlines.
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
The purpose of this summary is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
DAOU is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.