Responsible for promoting wine sales through inbound and outbound P.O. and in-house orders, order review and processing from all sales channels, as well as problem research, resolution and follow-up. The primary emphasis of this position is to implement the daily shipping, wine club resources, and wholesale orders. This will pertain to UPS/Fed-Ex/GSO labels, wine club shipping assistance, quality control of outbound packages, inventory control, and POS operations. Certain times of year (during wine club shipment, holiday sales, and end of month inventories) this position requires extensive time and focus. This is a regular, full-time hourly position, requiring the ability to work some weekends and holidays, as well as flexibility in scheduling to ensure staffing needs are met.
Tobin James Cellars is a busy and growing company that relies heavily on the individuals that make a business run. This job description is the essential duties of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Tobin James Cellars expects that employees will perform additional responsibilities as necessary to ensure team unity, professional attainment, and a superb final product.
• Manage/Implement shipping activities including returns, claims, both wholesale and retail.
• Build and maintain daily orders.
• Assist in developing and implementing packing materials.
• Conduct safe and efficient use of forklift and pallet jacks with other employees.
Customer Service Requirements:
• The ideal team candidate will have experience in customer service and a need for details.
• Must be able to present an encouraging, professional, and optimistic attitude at all times and under all circumstances.
• Prior Wine Education or on-the-job experience is essential.
• Become intimately familiar with wine club processes, UPS/Fed-Ex/GSO regulations, and Tobin James Cellars policies.
• Process orders and maintain appropriate reporting.
• Includes changes of customer purchase entry, wine club requests, handling special customer requests, follow up on error transactions.
• Coordinate wine transfers and packaging for wine club including procurement of shipping materials.
• Understand and follow daily wine movement processes.
• Organize and manage will call shipments.
• Participate and execute wine club events (BBQ parties, Zinfest parties, etc.) including setup (caterers, entertainment, flowers, linens, etc.)
• Visibility of work requires attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information.
• Must be able to work well independently and possess a strong focus on long term planning.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) is preferred. POS and (UPS) World Ship knowledge a plus, but not essential.
• Forklift operation and warehouse experience are essential.
• Must have ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must work well under pressure and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Winery experience is preferred.
• Ability to work on your feet for extended periods and be able to lift 50 lbs is mandatory.
• Must be able to work weekends & holidays.
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and have reliable transportation.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
Experience and Training:
Experience in Packaging or equivalent is favorable. Some form of warehouse or shipping/receiving experience is essential. Experience in retail, special events and/or wine industry is wanted.
Tobin James Cellars is a family owned and operated winery. Between our production and hospitality teams, we have a team of long-term co-workers. We offer a competitive salary. Position is Hourly/DOE.
Please email cover letter and resume (references optional), Allocation Associate as the subject matter. No phone calls please.