At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America's second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America's most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are proud of our culture which is built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Talent is, and will continue to be, a core strategic driver of The Wine Group's ongoing transformation and continued success. If you are a seasoned, passionate, agile, and results-oriented Talent Acquisition leader looking to have high level impact, this is the role for you. In this role, you will execute a multi-year recruiting strategy to support The Wine Group's diverse talent needs at all levels. You will manage, mentor and lead a team of Talent Acquisition professionals to ensure that the company continues improving how it sources, recruits, hires and onboards top talent. You will also oversee all employment branding and social media efforts, drive recruiting execution based on metrics, and be an integral part of ongoing cultural transformation. The leader in this position will be part of an HR leadership team inclusive of Talent Management & Development, HR Business Partners, Total Rewards and HR Operations.
* Lead and mentor a team of recruiters and talent sourcing experts ensuring that the company's talent acquisition needs are met, including employment branding, talent sourcing, talent assessment, hiring processes, workforce planning, recruiting operations, and onboarding, all while continuing to drive a recruiting mindset with The Wine Group leaders at all levels.
* Collaborate with business and HR leaders to develop innovative, progressive, results-driven staffing activities that meet current and future needs as the company evolves.
* Manage the structure, processes, practices, training, and tools necessary to support the talent acquisition strategies.
* Develop, gain alignment, publish, monitor, and leverage key metrics to drive performance of The Wine Group's Talent Acquisition team's effectiveness, including diversity and inclusion.
* Oversee employer branding, talent sourcing, and college and post-graduate recruiting.
* Drive a best-in-class hiring experience ensuring that both candidates and hiring managers have a high-quality positive experience.
* Work with HR Business Partners and hiring managers to develop, cultivate and maintain internal and external relationships that support a diverse talent pipeline.
* Own and ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements across all geographies, including practices, processes, tracking and reporting.
* Travel to various TWG wineries and facilities (mostly day trips) routinely; overnight travel expected to be < 10% of the time.
* This job description reflects management's assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* 7+ years of talent acquisition management experience including leading teams of qualified recruiting professionals.
* Proven track record of developing tailored and effective talent acquisition activities that support and help drive overall business effectiveness.
* Balanced strategic thinking and tactical execution orientation.
* Strong people management, coaching, and development skills; commitment to developing team members.
* Demonstrated success at building organizational capabilities and expertise across the organization to recruit top talent (inside and outside TA - the best recruiting organizations consider TA a company-wide responsibility).
* Success in working with all levels, including C-level teams; ability to prepare and present to senior teams the talent acquisition strategy and metrics for the whole company.
* Proven track record of effectively influencing and navigating across organizational boundaries and building strong collaborations that produce results.
* Built and managed structures and processes that consistently support hiring needs.
* Naturally inquisitive; seeks to understand through questions and learning vs. telling and doing.
* A thoughtful risk taker, who has the courage to challenge the status quo, and offer alternative points of view to drive creative solutions. Proven track record as an influential change agent, consulting, communicating, championing and organizing new ideas and initiatives
* High energy, passion, and drive with a strong positive outlook.
* Passion for owning and creatively managing both employment branding and recruiting-specific social media.
* Successful track record of leading talent acquisition at all levels, including executive to front line.
* Workforce planning familiarity, including collaborating with Talent Management & Development, Finance, Operations and others to predict hiring capabilities and volumes to achieve goals.
* Experience with applicant tracking systems and CRM's in both implementation and integration
* Excellent analytic and metrics-based skills.
* Strong customer service commitment and skills; focuses on constant improvement of the candidate and hiring manager experience.
* Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal skills. Proven track record in effectively communicating with all levels. Strong negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills.
* Technically oriented, experienced using Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Teams; experience with Ceridian preferred, but not required.
* Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required.
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office