Our Company is looking for a Wine Club Manager to be responsible for the overall management of the Wine Club and care for members. They will be responsible for sales, DTC shipments, processing enrollments, cancellations, and returns and communication. Planning and hosting special events, providing membership services, monitoring inventory availability, monitoring and developing club benefits are also key tasks. This position will oversee departmental budgets and sales goals and be responsible for club growth, developing promotional materials, shipment schedules, promotions, member events, and member services.
The Wine Club Manager will partner with marketing and PR to identify and optimize existing DTC programs and also develop new DTC programs such as ambassador programs, wine education programs and special events. The position will oversee the Wine Club Calendar and works with the wine team to meet deadlines, develop and monitor the loyalty program, award levels and manage the administration of points.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process all enrollment forms using Wine Direct, including data entry and confirmation of accurate information. Maintain current records for each wine club member: name, address, club options, phone, email, credit card information and purchase history. Update and make changes as necessary.
• Proactively upsell wine club clients via telephone and orchestrated emails.
• Determine new opportunities for growth.
• Create and execute strategic plans to market and grow the Wine Club, encouraging retention and growth.
• Contact members with declined credit cards.
• Contact non-openers of emails via phone.
• Communicate wine club promotions to sales teams and calendar.
• Work with the sales manager to update and train the team for club conversion.
• Coordination of automatic and custom shipments for the wine club from the winery to the client.
• Managing a will call for pick up clients –managing and shipping wine that has not been picked up.
• Manage data, create and analyze activity sales, budget, and financial reports for the owners on a timely basis.
• Process phone and email orders, cancellations, and returns by crediting member accounts and properly returning the wine to inventory.
• Plan, organize and host special events for the wine club. Maintain RSVP list and follow up with thank you’s.
• Maintain club event calendar and assist in keeping the website updated, accurate and active.
• Provide hospitality and concierge services to club members including special requests, booking and hosting tours and tastings.
• Monitor the wine club calendar and assist the team with assigned deadlines, ensure will call notifications, email initialization, newsletter and forms are sent in a timely manner.
• Develop a Loyalty program.
• Assist with gifts for shipments of club members.
• Comply with company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Participate in Safety training and report all unsafe conditions.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional strenuous activity, including walking, standing, climbing, reaching, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Variable schedule: Primarily a set schedule but weekends, evenings and or periodic overtime depending on club events, shipments, or other activities.
• Position may require minimal overnight travel by air or car.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Ability to speak and understand English is key to success in this role.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies, and manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to present information to groups and during a one on one conversation.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using American units of currency, weight volume, and distance.
• Can recognize and correct inaccuracies when using a calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense in tasks and duties.
• Adapt to minor changes in routine, problem solve, and work with light to moderate supervision.
• Intermediate computer skills- including email, internet, word processing, spreadsheets, basic database activity, graphic arts, and publishing.
• Experience with Wine Club software
• High School or GED
• 2 years of experience as a Wine Club Manager
• Current valid driver’s license
• Insurable driving record and proof of current auto insurance
The employer is an EOE and a drug-free workplace.