Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2019, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fifth year running.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- works with all forms of irrigation including drip and sprinkler:
• Irrigator checks for leaks and maintains and repairs sprinklers before frost.
• Maintain irrigation systems (filters, sprinkler heads, drip systems, etc..).
• Assist with irrigation system repairs (uncovering problem).
• Assist with fertilizer injection and applications.
• Must be able to operate an ATV
• Must follow all of the company's safety rules and regulations at all times.
Intermediate:(In addition to Beginning)
• Directly perform the duty of repairing all systems.
• Will be responsible for the correct utilization of all pumps/filters/injectors.
• Is responsible for the maintenance of all irrigation equipment.
• Is responsible for providing a safe and clean working environment around his workstation which includes: pumps, reservoirs, filters, wells, etc...
• Must be able to read and write in order to maintain proper records. As well as the utilization of a calculator.
Advanced: (In addition to Beginning and Intermediate)
• Will work with little to no supervision.
• Operates pumps and perform all levels of maintenance.
• Troubleshoot and identifies what specific parts are needed for repair.
• Responsible for all irrigation related duties.
• Reading maps and identifying material needed for new system installation.
• Pressure bomb reading.
• Data collection, cluster count, petiole sampling, sugar sampling.
• Responsible for keeping all records of all tasks performed by his department.
• Computer Inputting of all records.
• General operation of trencher and low skilled tractor operations.
• California driver's license.
Oversees small installation crew
Experience and Training:
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual needs to be able to perform the following duties:
• Operate an ATV (safely)
• Operate a pickup (safely)
• Must be able to read and write (English a plus)
• Maintain safety, quality, and efficiency, at a job at a high level.
• Will need two (2) or more years experience and/or learn the position quickly by means of on the job training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
In addition, the employee will be exposed to potential hazardous working conditions. (i.e. trenches, equipment, materials (large pipe), high water pressures, chemicals/fertilizers, and drip line cleaners (e.g. chlorine).