The Associate Brand Manager is responsible for assisting in delivering specified business targets (volume, profit, share) through the development and execution of all brand strategies and plans, leading to profitable growth of the Constellation Brands Beer Division portfolio. As a cross-functional team leader, the Associate Brand Manager works effectively across disciplines and develops and sustains strong and productive relationships with external partners to execute brand strategies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist in the development and implementation of short and long-term marketing objectives and strategies. Lead the development and execution of brand plans and tactics to deliver against agreed upon brand, business and financial goals.
* Assist Brand Manager and Consumer Insights team in the development of brand strategy, consumer segmentation, targeting and positioning of brand and consumer targets. Ensures appropriate qualitative and quantitative research is conducted to ensure overall brand success.
* Participate in the creative development process and execution of all national and local advertising campaigns. Assists in the development of TV, radio, print, outdoor, trade and alternative media advertising.
* Lead day-to-day brand budget management including PO and invoice processing for assigned projects and ensures financial responsibility within budgetary parameters. Responsible for maintaining budgets and forecasts monthly. Collaborates with Finance to ensure forecast accuracy and balance expenditures against volume and profitability expectations.
* Lead brand business analysis with the Business Analysis Team. Continuously monitor business and health performance to ensure brand is tracking against goals. Responsible for using and understanding internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance.
* Work with the Business Analysis and Finance team to measure and analyze sales impact, wholesaler execution and the profitability/ROI of marketing expenditures.
* Assist Brand Manager and Media Planning team in the development of all media plans and initiatives, both on national and regional/local levels.
* Assist Brand Manager in working with the Retail/Trade Marketing team to develop brand promotions, providing direction and evaluating options. Help to direct the development of all national and local consumer promotion programming at retail.
* Assist in the development of both Permanent and Non-permanent Point-Of-Sale Programs as well as any premium and/or ancillary brand identified programs and materials.
* Assist the Brand Manager and the Lifestyle & Experiential Marketing team in the identification and development of assigned event marketing programming, which include sponsored events, charitable donations, trade related functions, etc.
* Work with the Field Marketing team to ensure strategies and tactical plans are executed for all relevant local markets.
* Maintain constant and concise communication of assigned marketing-related programming with internal and external partners, including Field Sales, Management, and Corporate Communications.
* Participate in market visits and assist in Business Unit planning and review meetings.
* Utilize competitive, category, consumer, shopper, and retailer insights to further validate and optimize concepts that will drive growth volume and meet objectives.
* Support day-to-day budget management, PO, and invoice processes. Ensure dollars are allocated and spent in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters. Assist with maintaining budgets throughout the year, balancing expenditures against volume and profitability expectations.
* Prepare material for executive updates, internal and external sales and retailer meetings, Stage Gate meetings, etc. as required.
* Participate in market visits as required.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
* Exposure to the development of brand strategy - consumer segmentation, consumer targeting, brand positioning and brand architecture.
* Exposure to the annual brand planning process.
* Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated aptitude to utilize trend analysis, syndicated and customized research and other sources to turn data and information into actionable insights.
* Exhibits strong leadership potential with track record of others seeking out his / her involvement and leadership for projects.
* Strong communication skills and ability to communicate and sell the strategies and plans to upper management and through the sales organization.
* Maintains positive and can-do attitude and approach to work.
* Highly developed interpersonal skills are necessary. Must interact regularly with senior management, field personnel, wholesaler representatives and suppliers.
* Exposure to the development of / or demonstrated aptitude to develop creative briefs for use by agencies and internal support groups across the marketing mix.
* Strong creativity skills with the ability to evaluate creative work in the context of brand strategy.
* Experience managing complex project list, priorities and budgets and track record of project management with a focus on driving for results.
* Demonstrated ability to manage expectations of supervisor, other functional groups and agency partners.
* Strong persuasion skills to gain alignment where needed.
* Fosters open, honest and direct communication while maintaining sensitivity to confidential information.
* Provides clear, succinct and relevant written and verbal communication.
* Comfortable with ambiguity.
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Marketing, Business, Management, etc.)
* Progressive experience in the CPG industry with at least 3 to 5 years of brand management experience
* 2 to 3 years of brand management experience and an MBA are preferred
* Exposure to the beverage industry a plus
* Exceptional organization and project