Wine Hooligans, producer and wholesaler of Broadside, Portlandia, Cycle Gladiator and Stephen Vincent brands, located in Santa Rosa, CA, is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist who will be responsible for performing day-to-day processing of accounts payable Distributor invoices, reconciling Distributor accounts, contributing to month and year end closing processes, including accruals and GL account reconciliations while maintaining clean and organized financial records. The position provides support to internal and external stakeholders of the sales team. The ideal candidate needs to be self-directed and self-motivated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide support to internal and external stakeholders of the sales team.
• Coordinate and input into NAV Accounting system, high volume of Distributor invoices ensuring necessary approvals and backup are obtained according to procedures.
• Process weekly check run.
• Research and resolve Distributor A/P issues and maintain Distributor files.
• Operates in a continuous improvement environment with goal of streamlining payables function through automation and workflows.
• Ensures timely payment of Distributor invoices while maintaining accurate accounting and control of records.
• Ensure compliance with internal controls and policies and procedures as related to Distributor payables.
• Reconcile Distributor Statements.
• Ensure all 1099 requirements are met.
• Provide support for audits conducted by external sources.
• Provide backup on daily bank deposits and AR as needed.
• Other administrative duties may include processing daily mail, ordering supplies and light phone activity.
• Perform additional tasks as assigned.
• Associates Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
• 1-3 years accounts payable, accounting or finance experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform.
• Knowledge of Microsoft NAV (Vintegrate) and Jet reports a plus
• Wine industry experience a plus.
• Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment with minimal supervision and multiple deadlines
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
Wine Hooligans offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Environment.
To be considered for this position, please respond with a cover letter and resume.