Originally homesteading in Lodi, CA in the 1850’s, the Phillips Family have roots that run deep. The Phillips brothers released their first commercial wine in 1984 under the Phillips Vineyards label after years of growing grapes for other wineries. Now, with iconic brands such as Freakshow, Petite Petit and Earthquake, Michael David Winery is a tour de force as one of the leading wineries in the United States and distributing our wines in 40+ countries around the world. The Phillips pride themselves on being family owned and operated, enforcing meticulous farming practices and ensuring sustainable wine grape growing techniques which result in superior quality in the bottle. Their hard work has paid off as the wines regularly take top awards and recognition nationwide.
We currently have a non-exempt Disbursements Supervisor opportunity for an experienced, ambitious, motivated, and driven person who is willing to be part of an exciting team. Working directly for the Corporate Accountant, this position will be responsible for oversees all functions of Payroll and Accounts Payable ensuring accuracy in monies distributed to employees and off-site vendors. The supervisor must be detailed-oriented in order to facilitate a high volume in payroll, T&E, invoice, and purchase order requests. The supervisor must ensure timely processing to meet payroll processing and department deadlines. Additionally, the position facilitates various audit and budget related reports
Responsibilities will include:
• In charge of processing bi-weekly payrolls for 200+ employees using ADP.
• Manage daily Accounts Payable activity including invoice processing, employee T&E reimbursement, W-9 authorization, Purchase Orders and vendor maintenance using Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
• Prepare salary budget files and process budget reports to assist the Finance team with the annual budget process.
• Review and complete annual 1099 tax reporting for Accounts Payable.
• Assist with entering semi-monthly payroll journals in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
• Assist in performing monthly general ledger reconciliation of payroll and benefits accounts.
• Oversee corporate credit card program for all departments.
• Coordinate monthly maintenance of employee petty cash box.
• Organize Workers Compensation and Payroll tax related audits.
• Create and maintain payroll/accounts payable accounting manual.
• Oversee AP workflow process, including DocLink (document management system).
• Assist with various projects and upgrades as needed, particularly around software implementation.
Qualifications will include
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Accounting and at least 3 years’ experience in finance. Supervisory experience:
o Working knowledge of accounts payable;
o Knowledge of payroll is a plus;
o Knowledge of Fixed Assets is a plus.
o ADP WorkForce Now experience helpful
o Working knowledge of travel & expense reimbursement processes and purchase order processing as well as corporate card management experience.
o Knowledge of internal controls required in a disbursement environment.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills. Ability to create and write routine and complex reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate English in written and verbal form (Spanish helpful).
• Computer knowledge to include Microsoft Suite.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate percentages.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of current insurance.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment.
• Working conditions primarily internal office environment, but external in all types of weather environments as needed.
• Able to work flexible schedules and long hours; work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive hourly non-exempt wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
• Comprehensive company benefits
To be considered a cover letter and your resume must be submitted.
Phillips Farms-Michael David Winery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.