August Wine Group (augustwinegroup.com), a nationwide importer and sales agency specializing in the distribution, branding, education and sales of high-quality wines and other beverages from Europe and the Americas, is currently seeking an Atlanta-based sales professional to represent classic wine and innovative “Beyond Beer” alcoholic products in a multi-state territory in the Southeast U.S.
This professional will assume responsibility for a well-built territory, yet be at the forefront of an exciting new joint venture in the industry. You will be responsible for all sales activity in the territory, including: regional and national chain accounts; key-account relationships; and management of relationships with our distribution partners, including regular product training / sales assistance to distributor sales teams.
Applicants would preferably live in Atlanta, Georgia, and can travel. The ideal candidate has previous experience in the wine/beer industries, preferably as a supplier or sales person within a distributor. Additional preference for those with experience and account relationships in off-premise / chains.
As an energetic, creative team of professionals, August Wine Group employs a very fresh approach to the industry. We’re serious about our winery and distillery partners, distributors, and creating successful career paths for our team.
August Wine Group pays industry-competitive wages and bonuses in a terrific work environment. Salary DOE. We offer full health care benefits, and a generous vacation package.
• 3+ years sales experience at the supplier or wholesaler level
• Active/viable account relationships within the territory
• Self-starting, independent worker, who thrives within a national team/management framework
• Strong leadership and detail-organizational skill
• Inspirational presentation and “storytelling” skills
• Effective negotiator
• Ability to help set goals, track results, and achieve sales and branding objectives of the Company
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends
• Selling to and maintaining relationships with key Off-Premise and On-Premise accounts
• Affinity for educating distributor staff and key accounts
• Technical proficiency very important. Should be comfortable with basic MS Office suite products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
Job Description / Essential Duties:
• Utilize best-practice strategies to execute and prioritize Company objectives
• Manage distributor performance (shipments, depletions, pricing, sales programs)
• Satisfactorily complete internal reports in a timely manner
• Help establish and achieve sales volume and profit goals while controlling costs and making intelligent expenditure decisions within a budgetary framework
• Strategic, well-planned sales calls (ride-alongs) with distributor sales representatives
• Excellent problem-solving and problem-mediation skills
• Work closely with Company management to develop sales forecasts and incentive planning
We look forward to hearing from you!