We are looking for an experienced, driven professional to join our team as Director of Wine Sales. The Director of Wine Sales will be responsible for the expanding our unique wine offering through the on-premise channel, including restaurants and hotels. You’ll work cross functionally with our Marketing and Wine Production teams to increase market share of our wines. You will keep abreast of the latest trends to create disruptive innovative opportunities in this new channel. You will collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the parameters of the product development timeline, budget and schedule are followed. You will create and execute an impactful annual sales plan that will expand our brand into new territories.
• In collaboration with the executive management, define the vision, growth opportunities and develop the annual sales plan to meet company sales goals.
• Develop sales strategies for identified opportunities in the sales annual sales plan and execute the same
• Develop and maintain relationships with key on-premise national accounts and the national account decision makers to sell directly to in order to achieve goals in annual sales plan
• Manage distributors on a day-to-day basis to ensure adherence to our brand standards, that distribution objectives are achieved and, as applicable, promotional activity is taking place
• Conduct routine sales activities such as market visits, sales meetings, trade shows, dinners and events
• Monitor account performance including depletions, shipments, pricing and promotional materials
• Manage and build upon the product plan while maintaining constant pulse of market developments, including customer and consumer needs, competitive offerings and brand position informing customers and adjusting plans as needed.
• Partner with other teams to ensure alignment and maximize performance against overall business objectives
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects with a high level of detail in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Monitor, analyze and report on business performance and identify trends to maximize growth opportunities as well as create action plans based on analysis and results
• Lead by example in creating a collaborative, innovative, results-oriented environment characterized by timely, accurate workflow and production
• Bachelor’s Degree in sales, business, or related field; MBA preferred
• 8+ years of experience in the wine industry and/or CPG space; some wine industry experience is required
• 6+ years of proven track record in wine sales – winery to retail outlets/distributor mandatory and strong ability to influence
• Knowledge of government regulations, especially TTB
• Extensive knowledge of distribution, retail and wine sales
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with peers and team members
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Passion for wine and the industry along with considerable knowledge of wine styles and winemaking principles
• Understanding of the principles of corporate finance and financial analysis
• Successful track record of taking projects from concept to commercialization
• Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with cross functional teams and customers
• Impeccable written, verbal and presentation skills, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and to take initiative
• High energy with an entrepreneurial drive to succeed
• Able to deal with pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Be both a visionary and a fire-starter
• A positive thinker and receptive to feedback and direction
• Ability to travel extensively as needed
Benefits include unlimited PTO, comprehensive health plans, and 401k with matching.