Angels’ Share Wines was started in 2004 to represent boutique fine wines that speak of place and experience. Instead of simply selling wines, we make homes for them. Our brand is casual, but serious. ASW views its role as a matchmaker—seeking proper suitors for these hand-crafted gems. It’s our responsibility to create and find the correct environment where they will sing. As in music, wine is about artistry and craftsmanship—both require a level of attention and respect in order to be appreciated at their highest potential. Our portfolio is diverse and dynamic with a range of Napa Cabernets, significant Greek and French imports, and The Red Hook Winery—a Brooklyn winery making wines from NY state grapes.
We are looking for an experienced wine sales representative in Western NY. This territory covers Syracuse and everything west, including Finger Lakes, Rochester, and Buffalo. There is a base territory of active on- and off-premise accounts.
The ideal candidate has experience in distribution with a proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and has established relationships with on and off premise accounts. The position requires a self-motivated, organized, energetic, creative and ambitious person. Related wine experience, such as restaurant and retail, is welcomed. Sales experience in other fields is also welcomed.
• Two years wine wholesale or related experience
• Established relationships with off-premise and on-premise accounts
• High level product knowledge
• Ability to adapt to market changes
• Strong business and interpersonal skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and high personal standards of performance
• Passionate about the wine and spirits world
• Valid driver’s license
• Insured and reliable vehicle
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a NY Solicitor Permit
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Form relationships and build distribution in both on and off premise accounts
• Maintain strong relationships with established customers, while growing business significantly
• Direct sales campaigns in existing and new accounts
• Facilitate product sales on selected items/brands, meeting monthly and yearly sales goals and objectives
• Work in collaboration with Company supplier partners (Work-withs)
• Develop new accounts through cold-calling prospective new customers
• Attend monthly sales meetings
This is a full time commission-based role, with reimbursable expenses, employer contribution to health/dental insurance premiums, generous sample budget, and 401(k). We are also open to structuring this role for an independent contractor with an established wine consulting business.
You can find our portfolio on SevenFifty or through Dropbox here https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3xi4vb9vasf2tl/Portfolio.pdf?dl=0.
Please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us about your motivations for this job.