About our Company
We are seeking a full-time Winery Tasting Room Manager to join our team. We are a premier hospitality company with a 20,000 case DTC operation in the Temecula Wine Country. We are farming over 200 acres with16 French and Italian varieties under the Ponte Winery and sister Winery, Bottaia labels. We are looking for an experienced DTC Tasting Room Manager to oversee our Flagship Company, Ponte Winery. Visit pontewinery.com, Pontevineyard.com and Bottaia Winery.com to get to know us a little better!
The Tasting Room Manager will report directly to Ownership, and will coordinate with the Wine Club Manager, Marketing Manager, Winemaker, Wine Production Manager, Facilities Manager, Director of Catering and Accounting Manager for general operations management, policy and procedure. The Tasting Room Manager will promote an environment focused on excellent customer service, hospitality, and sales while leading a team driven on the principles of honesty, integrity and service in our two tasting rooms.
* Be responsible for achieving monthly and annual tasting room sales and revenue goals.
* Manage the Tasting Rooms including hiring, training, scheduling, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates.
* Address complaints and resolve all guest issues.
* Work in conjunction with the Wine Club Manager to maintain existing memberships and grow new wine club and other direct to consumer sales channels.
* Understand and enforce the Ponte values and service standards.
* Provide leadership, direction, motivation and mentorship to staff to foster a productive, efficient and positive sales environment.
* Consistently model the behavior that is expected from a leader.
* Maintain standard operational excellence for Ponte Winery.
* Ensure customer service standards and service recovery, opening and closing procedures, point of sales system maintenance, and housekeeping.
* Ensure staff is trained on wine, history of Ponte Winery and host consumers and members of the trade to ensure an optimal experience.
* Plan the sales and execution of private functions. Monitor and respond to requests for events. Assist with scheduling; staffing; set up/tear down, oversight and communication.
* Manage event calendar, adding information in a timely fashion and communicating with all pertinent staff.
* Donation Requests: Monitor incoming donation requests and respond as needed.
* Work with the merchandise assistant to purchase, display, and promote the brand.
* Ensure adherence to human resources policies, accounting and inventory procedure, department operational manuals, policies and procedures, on a regular basis.
* Multi-task and manage time efficiently to assure deadlines are met.
* Be present on the floor as a member of the tasting room leadership team and consistently teach exemplary customer service and sales techniques.
* Ensure consistent and appropriate brand message.