Stoller Wine Group is currently in the process of acquiring and installing a state of the art bottling facility. The new facility will feature one of the most advanced and capable bottling lines within the state of Oregon. Stoller will have the capability to package counter-pressure packages, riddle and disgorge sparkling wines as well as complete standard wine packages with our electro-pneumatic monobloc. Following the filling and closures, we have decided to invest in in-line inspection equipment and a seam spotting rotary labeler for ultra-premium, fully QC'd packages.
Now, we just need somebody to join our team and operate and manage the bottling line. If you have extensive experience operating wine packaging lines and are looking for a change of scenery, this could be the place for you! We offer a competitive compensation package with health care and a matching 401K program and we try to keep it a fun place to work as well. Please apply through WineJobs.com if you are qualified and have genuine interest in this position.
• Operate all packaging equipment at high efficiency to complete and exceed required packaging objectives for multiple brands and client bottlings.
• Maintain a highly organized and astoundingly clean facility.
• Perform bottling line maintenance, which includes machine adjustments, preventative maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting.
• Monitor equipment condition and make recommendations for scheduled repairs.
• Optimize each machine for each package type and maintain detailed records and logs for future reference.
• Maintain shop, spare parts inventory and preventative maintenance schedule.
• Participate in annual maintenance during annual harvest shutdown.
• Read and understand all equipment manuals and technical drawings.
• Work with Director of Winemaking Operations to schedule annual packaging needs and associated bottling calendar.
• Coordinate delivery of packaging supplies with Warehouse Purchasing and Logistics Manager.
• Work with QC and winemaking to monitor and understand key parameters and how equipment interacts with various wine types and styles.
• Maintain riddling calendar to meet objectives for disgorging sparkling wine.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 3-5 years of experience at primary operator of a bottling line (preferably Bertolasso brand).
• Experience with a rotary labeler
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent electromechanical aptitude and skillset
• Experience in management of a small team of temporary bottling workers
• Ability to work autonomously when needed
• Experience with Bertolasso electropneumatic monoblocs preferred.
• Experience with Cavagnino & Gatti rotary pressure sensitive labelers preferred.
• Experience in disgorging of sparkling wine preferred.
• Experience with counter-pressure filling of sparkling wines (Charmat and force carbonation)
• Familiarity with Vintrace as a winemaking and inventory management system.
We look forward to hearing from you!