Von Strasser Family of Wines is a family-owned winery in Calistoga. For the past 30 years, we have been creating award winning wines from world-class vineyards in Napa Valley and California. We offer tastings and experiences tailored to the customer.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual with a passion for wine. This person would general duties would be to host customers in the tasting room and plan & execute all public and private parties, as well as handle the wineries social media accounts. These events range from small ten person groups, up to 50+ guest events. This individual will report to the Assistant General Manager as well as the C.O.O. and the owners of the winery as well as working closely with all other employees. The goal for all of our events is to provide top-level hospitality and create experiences that are memorable and elevate the concept of the winery and our brands.
The ideal candidate will be a highly creative, organized individual with great attention to detail and a passion for planning high-end public events and executing personalized experiences. We need a self-starter that can think big, create original programs, and is willing to work hard whatever the task maybe.
This is a full-time position which includes such benefits as: 401k plan with employer match, medical insurance, paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, employee wine allocations, and more.
• Provide fun, engaging, and professional customer service.
• Plan and execute events including planning, budgeting, timelines, staffing, rentals, and internal communication.
• Develop relationships with rental and catering vendors, hotels, and other wineries
• Daily tasting room functions including tastings, reservation management, and other
• Social Media Management
• Perform administrative tasks such as maintaining events, database and calendar, updating essential documents, etc.
• Marketing our winery as a destination for private/large group events
• Assist Assistant General Manager and others with special hospitality projects.
• Attend local networking events and represent von Strasser Family of Wines at off-site functions when necessary.
• 3 or more years of experience in hospitality and event positions
• Experience serving and selling luxury wine
• Familiarity with winery systems such as NVPOS, VinSuite, VinoVisit, etc.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to speak clearly and concisely in a friendly and professional manner
• Extreme attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through
• Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Proficient skills in operating a computer and all types of standard office equipment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Google Suite required
• Must be available to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Physical Requirements
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Operate a desktop computer using keyboard and mouse, employing repetitive arm and wrist motions
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
• Specific vision abilities require close and distance vision
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch or climb stairs
To apply, email us a resume or
Via Mail or Drop Off:
von Strasser Family of Wines
Attn: Nick Skinner
965 Silverado Trail
Calistoga, CA 94515
No phone calls