Sans Liege Winery is looking for a dependable individual who is team-oriented, charismatic & passionate for success to join our work family and manage our Paso Robles & Pismo Beach tasting rooms. This position requires a candidate with strong communication, hospitality & sales skills who is prepared to lead our tasting room staff in day to day retail operations, event management, and long term planning. Must be kind and courteous with all customers & employees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise & motivate tasting room staff
- Develop and successfully put in place ideas to increase direct sales in the established tasting rooms
- Achieve sales and wine club goals through planning & coaching staff
- Demonstrate strong leadership & guidance (including clear direction and support to staff regarding sales initiatives and programs)
- Generate and execute ideas to build tasting room traffic. Track & analyze.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience that tells our brand story, anticipates needs and creates fans of our winery & wines
- Monthly merchandise inventory & costing as well as visual merchandising in the tasting rooms, restocking, signage, etc.
- Order/Purchase necessary tasting room supplies
- Compile & analyze monthly & yearly sales reports
- Work closely & effectively with wine club and DTC managers
- Network in the wine industry & foster positive relationships with other wineries, restaurants, hotels, etc.
- Update and maintain POS program (wine direct)
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness & organization in both tasting rooms. Create and update tasting menus. Manage bank deposits and balance cash drawers.
- Organize and run monthly staff meetings/trainings
- Manage all tasting room reservations - including private tastings and any new programs
- Tasting room event planning & execution - including budgeting, vendor booking & rental reservations (in conjunction with other direct sales managers)
- Create and manage monthly/yearly event calendar with relevant responsibilities and tasks. Create event menus, email announcement copy & event signage
- Conduct post-event analysis to identify areas for future improvement. Maintain organized files for past events with recommendations for future events.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Prior management experience
- Minimum two years of tasting room or other direct sales experience
- Experience with Wine Direct POS & management software preferred
- Must be proficient in Excel & G Suite
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time
- Able and willing to work weekends and holidays
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to handle stressful situations while remaining calm and customer service focused
- Knowledge of wine, wine industry and wine production
- Positive attitude, self-motivated & empathic
THIS POSITION OFFERS:
- Paid salary
- Health benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave