We are currently seeking candidates to fill an established sales territory in Northern Virginia. Candidates must possess comprehensive wine knowledge with the ability to quickly learn and sell our entire portfolio. Candidates will be expected to sell to both on and off premise accounts, caring for existing accounts as well as continually opening new accounts.
• Make regular sales calls to designated accounts (both on-premise and off-premise) to generate and build good customer relationships, and continually ensure that customers are entirely satisfied with all aspects of the service they receive from our company.
• Generate new business by maintaining an awareness of new establishments and continually calling on accounts who are not current customers.
• Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business. Maximize business with all customers.
• Conduct wait-staff training seminars, wine dinners and in-store tastings on a regular basis (will require night and/or weekend availability).
• Recommend, create and design wine lists and wine by the glass programs utilizing full knowledge of our portfolio and the customer’s needs.
• Merchandise off-premise/retail accounts, reset shelf space, cold box and floor displays and manage back-stock.
• Full participation will be required at any wine department resets for retail stores in your territory, including at the start and through the final walk-through, if applicable.
• Available for ride-withs with The Robins Cellars management and work-withs with suppliers and winery representatives.
• Maintain sample inventory for tasting in accounts and maintain thorough records of sample tasting and results.
• Maintain an up-to-date detailed account call list and calendar.
• Regularly network with industry peers to remain educated on industry trends and developments as well as local business trends and developments.
• Travel to, and participate in, company sales meetings and company sponsored training and other events.
• Learn and follow company sales policies and procedures.
• Maintain vehicle in a professional, efficient manner to assist in overall job performance.
• Work flexible hours which may include early morning, evenings, and/or weekends. Additional hours will be required during the peak season of October, November and December.
• Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to The Robins Cellars.
• Complete necessary administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
• Any other duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred, High School Diploma/GED is required.
• 1-3 years of industry related sales experience within the local distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
• Comprehensive understanding of wine and the wine industry, to include wine producing regions, varietal differences and nuances, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service. Formal or professional wine education is preferred.
• Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Possess a laptop computer, tablet or other internet connected device with a supported browser and associated data plan for accessing our web-based ERP and ordering system. A standard size cell-phone is not suitable.
• Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product (wine) on a repetitive basis.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Excellent benefits, including Medical/Dental/401k/Vacation/Disability