At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America's second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America's most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Data Entry Administrative Assistant is a part-time position under the direction of the Direct Sales Manager, and is based at Benziger Family Winery in Glen Ellen, CA. This position is responsible for inputting a high volume of data from multiple sources into databases, ensuring that all necessary information is entered and accurate, in addition to occasional customer service duties. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills attention to detail and is great at managing their own time.
* Accurately enter data into corresponding databases and fields.
* Process inventory movements within ERP system. (Estimated 40% of job function)
* Communicate with outbound sales team and process orders daily. (Estimated 25% of job function)
* Review and enter Wine Club Applications. (Estimated 25% of job function)
* Process Wine Club related paperwork.
* Maintain database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
* Occasionally assist with customer service. (Estimated 10% of job function)
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* High School diploma or general education degree.
* 1 year of data entry experience or related office experience.
* Ability to enter data into a computer quickly and accurately.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong written and oral communication skills; provide excellent verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
* Ability to learn new software.
* Discretion with confidential information.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to multitask effectively and efficiently.
* Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines; display appropriate sense of urgency.
* Positive and professional attitude.
* Basic knowledge of MS Office applications, including Excel.
* Knowledge of J.D. Edwards and eCellar is a plus.
* Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels.
* Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
* Be able to sit for long periods of time.
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks.
* Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
See Job Description