At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America's second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America's most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
We are searching for a passionate and enthusiastic Hospitality and Events Manager to join our dynamic, high energy Hospitality and Special Events team.
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Hospitality, the Hospitality and Events Manager is responsible for creating exceptional experiences and highlighting our wine portfolio for private groups, VIP customers, trade and event attendees visiting our winery properties in Sonoma Valley. Additionally, this role manages employee programs such as lunches, meetings and celebrations. Managing a team of both full-time and part-time employees, this position also works closely with other managers cross-functionally to ensure meetings and wine club events are executed fluidly.
This person must be a customer-centric, dynamic and hard-working individual. Duties also include contract review and facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent winery staff to ensure a high level of service.
As the leader of Benziger Family Winery and Imagery Estate Winery's Hospitality and Events team, the Hospitality and Events Manager will represent the winery as a brand ambassador sharing our unique points of differentiation with guests. They will exemplify Benziger and Imagery's Hospitality standards; presenting a welcoming, genuine, gracious and open persona to guests and employees alike.
* Lead the hospitality and events team to provide world-class customer experiences and customer service
* Mentor, coach and train VIP Estate Hosts and events team to execute exceptional experiences
* Manage calendar of events at both wineries
* Manage concierge team and on-line reservations system to ensure the highest standard of customer service
* Manage the customer experience spaces, including our cave, barn, and outdoor spaces
* Develop a core group of suppliers including caterers and rental companies
* Participate in and produce annual and long-term business plans
* Actively participate in DTC team meetings, which includes hospitality, tasting room, direct sales, tour and marketing managers, as well as senior management
* Work with the marketing team to produce compelling promotional materials
* Develop and produce daily and monthly reports on progress towards hospitality goals and objectives
* Support wine club and tasting room teams in executing wine club events
* Participate in industry and community events/organizations to promote winery opportunities.
* Ensure communication and coordination with department heads/manager regarding upcoming events
* Responsible for scheduling, payroll, training and assigning daily activities to direct reports; Assistant Events Manager, Trade and Hospitality Administrator, VIP Estate Hosts and Corporate Sales
* Demonstrates successful sales skills and behaviors, promote the sale of wine, Wine Club memberships and upsells experiences
* Maintains a professional, orderly and clean working environment and within on-stage areas
* Follows safety policies and procedures for department as well as winery safety protocols
* Proactively identifies opportunities/challenges and suggests methods to improve event operations, efficiency and serve levels to customers
* Communicates guest, operational, staff and facility-related issues to the Director of Hospitality and Sales or facilities team regularly and consistently
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
* College degree (4-year) or higher, preferably in retail/business management or hospitality
* 5+ years of related work experience
* Ability to work within a team, but also be a self-starter
* Possess existing relationships with DMC's, event planners, hotels, tour & travel groups, etc.
* Strong client, guest service and networking skills with a proven ability to build and foster relationships with clients
* Robust knowledge of corporate event requirements
* Knowledge and passion for wine and winery experiences
* Strong attention to detail and proactivity. Ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast pace environment under pressure
* Aptitude to solve problems quickly
* Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills; must be comfortable in front of large and small audiences
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to market the venues and drive new sales
* Ability to forecast sales and budget accordingly
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
See Job Description