Do you have a knowledge of fine wines and tasting room experience? Are you looking for an upbeat, unpretentious work environment? Are you a team player?
MJA Vineyards is a Hawaiian-themed winery and tasting room looking for a new person to become a part of our Ohana! We would like someone with wine knowledge and experience, with a proven sales record preferred.
This position would be part-time, with about 8-16 hours per week to start.
For a picture of what the position would entail:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all visitors to the winery and pour wines for tasting.
- Create a memorable experience for the guests
- Describe wines and winery history; answer visitors’ questions about wines.
- Provide general tourist information.
- Handle routine sales transactions which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales.
- Assist with display and stocking of retail items and wines
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facilities.
- Assist with hospitality special events as needed.
- Represent winery at outside functions as needed.
- Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
- Rake and maintain bocce courts, walkways, fire pits, and all other outdoor areas.
- Some winery specific work-labeling, capping and bottling (optional and additional hours)
- Promoting special events, sales, and food options.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Wine related experience required.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of wines and wine production.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Proficient on the computer (familiar with POS systems, Microsoft Office)
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Must be at least 21 years of age
Must be able to bend, squat, climb, push, stoop and crouch repeatedly
Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods as required by job duties
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis
Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously