Elk Cove Vineyards was founded in 1974 by the Campbell family and is still family owned today. We specialize in award winning Pinot Noirs and cool climate white wines. We have an onsite Winery Chef and active year round food program, making Elk Cove a leader in hospitality in the Willamette Valley. We pride ourselves on building relationships and providing a positive memorable experience for every guest.
We are seeking a motivated sales professional to lead our dynamic tasting room team. The ideal candidate will provide exceptional customer service for our club members, new visitors and industry and trade partners, with an emphasis on converting new guests to wine club members and on-going customers. They will work in collaboration with the Tasting Room Manager to train part time staff, leading by example in sales & representation of the company. They will possess a sense of humor and ability to work in an enthusiastic team environment. This is a full time position with hourly wage, tips, commissions and benefits including opportunity for continued education.
• Greet all visitors, pour wines for tasting, discuss wines, and convey family history.
• Actively promote and sell wine and wine club and gather contact information.
• Participation in food service, busing and minimal kitchen assignments.
• Process customer transactions.
• Host large groups, tours, VIPs and trade groups.
• Networking with wineries, tour companies, hotels & restaurants, to keep Elk Cove at the top of their list.
• Housekeeping duties to keep our Tasting Room and public areas looking great.
• Keeping Tasting Room stocked with updated collateral, some working knowledge of InDesign preferred but not required.
• Participation in events hosted by the winery on evenings, weekends and some holidays.
• Manage inventory onsite and reporting to Tasting Room Manager.
• Assist Tasting Room Manager with staff training.
• Potential to represent the winery at offsite events throughout the year.
• Participation in in-store demos for the FOB team.
• Wine enthusiasm and basic knowledge of wine making.
• Outstanding customer service skills and strong sense of hospitality.
• Clear written & verbal communication skills.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Restaurant service experience strongly desired.
• Ability to adjust to an ever-changing work environment.
• Strong computer proficiency.
• Possess an OLCC pouring license.
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Ability to stand throughout the day.
• Friday – Tuesday Work schedule.