At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America's second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America's most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Under the direction of the Vineyard Manager at Benziger Family Winery located in Sonoma County, the Groundskeeper/Gardener performs various landscaping operations including; general upkeep of the grounds, landscape maintenance, landscape irrigation and general upkeep jobs throughout the facility. Position may be required to operate tractors or trucks to accomplish various landscaping needs such as spraying and weeding.
* Grounds - Maintains the grounds of the Winery to give pleasing aesthetics for our customers
* Responsibilities include but are not limited to, planting, mowing, weed management, landscape irrigation, trimming and leaf blowing.
* Rebuilding and maintaining gardening boxes, beautifying insectary and customer facing areas.
* General handyperson functions to satisfy jobs throughout the facility. Includes small repairs, painting, hanging items etc.
* This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Over time, could take over responsibility for second site as well.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred
* Valid driver's license
* Basic knowledge of gardening irrigation and landscaping work, and the various tools required to perform landscaping/gardening work.
* Certain tasks may require certification to perform duties
* Can-do attitude and willingness to learn
* Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
* Some flexibility in schedule to accommodate projects starting at various times during certain seasons.
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
* Working environment is outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels
* Exposed to wet or humid conditions and inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.