Now, more than ever, we are looking for a team member who has the mindset of service to our community as we help our clients navigate this turbulent time.
IMPORTANT - If you want a boring job... FIND SOMETHING ELSE... This job is fast-paced, challenging, and exciting! If you are creative, a great multi-tasker, and are looking for work that is rewarding, KEEP READING!
Join an exciting and rapidly growing digital marketing company utilizing best practice social media tactics, action-based strategies for the wine industry, and compelling DTC marketing that helps our clients sell more wine. Astra will give you unparalleled experience and mentorship from a team of dedicated professionals who always strive to be their best and bring out the best in each other.
We believe strongly in our company culture of teamwork and are built to support each other with honesty, integrity, and hard work.
As a key member of the digital communications team, you will have the chance to work directly with owners and decision-makers in the wine industry. All of your efforts will support the development of wineries’ digital marketing execution strategies. Our winery clients range from large to small, but we make a significant impact on them all starting with strategy, measuring results, and creating incremental improvements.
What an ideal candidate looks like for us:
You will need to be a smart and thoughtful individual to support strategic communications, media relations, written content creation, social media execution, email marketing, graphic design, statistical analysis of your efforts and other branded activities for the company and its clients.
Qualifications we are looking for:
The best fit for us will love digital marketing and have a bachelor’s degree in advertising, journalism, communication, marketing, new media or public relations. High-quality written and verbal communication skills, excellent computer skills, the ability to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects, and the ability to meet production deadlines are required. A deep understanding of the social media culture and its many platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, blogs, etc.) is a MUST.
Skills we really need you to have:
- Solid understanding of social media platforms, specifically, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, blogs, and Youtube
- Enjoyment of teamwork in achieving a shared goal
- Design skills in Photoshop or other equivalent software
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of use of Google Docs and Microsoft communication tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects inside of a time sensitive environment
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Ability to adapt, learn, and contribute in a constantly changing environment
- Basic knowledge/understanding of wine
- Generate, organize, and manage written, image-based, and other editorial content, with consideration for tone, messaging guidelines, and other general outreach initiatives on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, blog, Youtube, Google+ and Facebook
- Monitor existing online conversations, as well as moderating approved content to initiate new online conversations
- Encourage fan engagement by reaching out to key influencers within the digital space
- Write content for, design, test, send, and record stats for email marketing campaigns
- Work inside of Photoshop (or other equivalent design programs) to design and optimize client assets.
- Contribute to a team that rapidly develops and implements new marketing strategies that are deadline oriented
- Ensure brands are well-represented on all social media platforms, as well as in the extended digital space by providing excellent online customer service
- Create social media advertising campaigns with specific targeting of audiences based off of content generated by and your colleagues
- Build relevant prospecting lists by networking and growing referrals
- Stay up to date with an analysis of the company and industry trends including analysis of regional growth, YTY trends, and forecasted growth
- Generate monthly reports that contextually demonstrate results for clients
Experience / Education:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education is desired but not required