Location: Boisset Collection, must live within the prescribed territory
Position Summary: The Area Sales Manager is responsible for the sales and marketing of Boisset
wines in his/her respective region. This can include securing placement of the wines in key
retail, restaurant, and hotel accounts; interacting with the wholesale distributors to
educate, motivate, maintain sales and accounts sold, interacting with principals and
staff from key trade accounts; representing Boisset Collection at trade and consumer events;
assisting with compliance and regulatory issues, and other tasks as needed for the
promotion and sale of Boisset brands.
• Conduct regional direct sales activities for Boisset brands to include: completing sales calls to targeted accounts, both independently and with distributor reps, providing follow-up, and performing as the main winery contact for all accounts.
• Provide support and assistance to distributor reps in all activities: sales calls, winery
incentive programs, trade, and consumer events, and other activities as needed.
• Attend regional distributor meetings, at general and team levels, to provide pricing &
programming information, communicate sales goals, provide product information, and encourage goal
• Monitor and record sales within the territory; create sales reports from data as needed.
• Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals within the region, as developed with the Regional
Sales Director and National Sales Manager.
• Adhere to annual budgets: travel and entertainment, promotional items and activities;
distributor incentives; trade incentives; office expenses, and all other regional expenses.
• Perform as winery representative with key retail and restaurant accounts. This can include
hosting winery dinners and special events; attending consumer tastings; providing staff training
and incentive programs; and other activities as needed.
• Maintain expense account records and submit all receipts and reimbursements on schedule, as
determined by the company accounting department.
• Develop, post and maintain monthly work schedules listing daily locations and planned
activities; update daily and/or weekly as needed.
• Communicate daily progress.
• Monitor local, state, and federal alcoholic beverage regulations and assist in keeping the winery
compliant and current with all such regulations.
• Complete other special projects, reports, and/or events as needs arise and as requested by
either the winery President or National Sales Manager.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies, and manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to
groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using a calculator or computer spreadsheet. Ability to calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, and percentages.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing,
spreadsheet, basic database activity, graphic arts and/or publishing.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity is sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight.
Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone,
office, and group conversation.
• Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Minimal noise level typical of business office: computers, printers, telephones, light traffic.
Includes periods in autos, airplanes, retail, restaurant, entertainment venues, and/or lodging
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends and/or periodic evenings depending on sales activities.
• Position includes daily regional travel and can include extensive overnight travel by
auto or air.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019.
Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
Competitive compensation wage and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.