Join the winemaking team at Korbel Champagne Cellars! Under the direction of the Enologist and Lab Manager, the Laboratory Technician position will be responsible for performing routine analyses on juice, wine, and champagne. This position requires the ability to follow directions, work independently, and manage time effectively and efficiently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Functional areas include sample log-in, sample prep, wet chemistry, operation of autotitrator, densitometer, and enzymatic analyzer; reagent preparation; microbiology/microscopy
- Prioritize and organize sampling of juice, wine, tirage, and finished goods
- Perform calibrations and standardizations of instruments and reagents
- Monitor tank and barrel fermentations as requested
- Participate in general housekeeping of the laboratory
- Maintain clear and concise records of analysis, standards, and all other samples
A four-year B.S., B.A., or equivalent college degree is required. A degree in enology, chemistry, food science, or related scientific discipline is highly desirable, but not mandatory. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and high attention to detail. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts, especially during August through October.
Our Full-Time employees are offered the following competitive benefits after company probationary period:
• Life Insurance
Want to join our team? To apply, please send your resume by fax to: (707) 824-7381, email through this ad, or complete an application at 13250 River Road, Guerneville, CA 95446.